Chapter 8

Casey sighed as she looked at the pictures on her computer of the party. She put the ones with the New Species  couples in a different folder then the one that she was sending to Justice for final approve. After sending the file to Justice through email she sat back on the couch and tried to relax while she waited for Gracie to get out of the shower. How can she relax when he thoughts were filled with him? Ever since they decided not to get into a relationship of any sorts, she couldn't stop thinking  about him. Why couldn't she stop think about him? It's not like she sees him everyday. She hadn't see Jericho in three days

A knock on the door made her come out of her thoughts. She got up and went to the front door and pulled it open to see Zandy standing there.

"Hey Zandi "

"Hey Casey,  She said.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to come out with me on a girls night." Zandy said. "Don't worry about Gracie because I have that covered." She moved to reveal Tiny.

Over the past few days Tiny and Gracie have gotten closer which Casey didn't mind since when Gracie is with Tiny she doesn't talk about where Jericho is and why he hasn't stopped by to see them. How does one tell their daughter that the reason why the guy she claimed isn't coming around anymore is because she rejected him?

"Okay let me change and tell Gracie" Casey said.

"No need to change clothes just grab your shoes and tell Gracie goodbye." Zandy said. Casey looked down at her outfit. She was wearing a white crop top that went just below her belly button and black ripped jeans.

"Okay I'll be right back" she said before turning and walking down the hall to the bathroom. The door opened as she approached and Gracie  walked out.

"Sweetie, Tiny is going to read you your bedtime story tonight because a friend has invited me to hang out." She said.

"Okay" she said. Casey leaned down down and kissed her head.

"I love you"

"Love you too mommy" she said before going into her room. Casey went back to the living room and grabbed her shoes before turning to Tiny.

"We are reading the first Harry Potter book. Gracie will show you where we left off and we only read one chapter a night so don't let her talk you into another chapter." Casey said.

"Okay" Tiny said before turning and walking towards Gracie's room. Casey sighed before turning to Zandy. They left the house and got in a jeep before Zandy drove them to the bar. Zandy parked the car in an empty parking spot before they all got out and headed inside. As promised there were only woman in the bar so Casey wouldn't have to worry about running into Jericho. They made their way to the bar and ordered their drinks. Casey doesn't drink so she didn't have wine like the Zandy instead she settled for a Pepsi.

"So Tiny told me that Jericho hasn't been hanging out with you in three days. Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Did she now?" Casey said. She was going to have to talk to Tiny about not telling other people her business.

"Jericho and I have just decided to stop hanging out." She said making Zandy snort.

"I watched how you guys were at the party, the whole time you were taking picture he was watching you to make sure you were okay." Zandy said.

"He was?" Casey asked shocked.

"How do you think he knew you were in trouble?" She said. Casey thought about it and it all came to her. He was worried about her? Zandy smiled at the look on Casey's face.

"Casey, before I met Tiger I had been married and divorced twice. I was closed off to opening myself up again ans because of that there was alot of miscommunication." She said. "I want you to take what happened to Tiger and I and learn from it. I want you to open up to see that if you let it you could be extremely happy so don't let one asshole ruin your chances at love." What Zandy was saying broke through to her. Could she possibly open her heart to love? She was going to give it a try.