(47) Vampire!Gray x Baby!Vampire!Reader ~ Teething

A/N: I've returned to the world of Wattpad! Stories will be published, but I have stuff going on, so please excuse the delays.
Here's an old request I received for the characters to be in a Diabolik Lovers type of household with the reader as a teething baby; the male characters are brothers for this story.
Itai (痛い): ouch
Word Count: 2260

"No! Don't put that in your mouth, (Y/n)," Gray screams as he dives onto the floor to scoop up one of Lucy's keys, all the while cursing at her for leaving her belongings unattended. Sure, the blonde could have dropped the metallic object on accident, but that is still no excuse if anybody were to ask Gray.

From her seat on the floor, (Y/n) coos innocently, her arms reaching out for the key her father had taken away. She looks up at Gray with large, glistening eyes that threaten to release tears, silently begging for him to return the item that had caught her interest just seconds ago, but he refuses. For a second, Gray nearly yields, however, he hears his name being called, snapping him out of the trance his daughter constantly captures him into.

"What do you want, ya' pyromaniac?"

"Lucy can't find her Aquarius key," Natsu states from the top of the stairwell. "She keeps bugging me to go find it."

"And why can't she do it herself," Gray inquires exasperatedly with a groan, throwing the item in question at Natsu. Despite having to live in the same house, the dark-haired male cannot stand the blonde woman. The only reason he tries to put up with her is to keep his younger brother from complaining.

Ever since Lucy stumbled into their mansion, her father having sent her as a sacrificial bride for the brothers, Natsu grew an attachment to the blonde. Gray cannot figure out why his younger brother is so attracted to her. He constantly asks what characteristic or feature about that woman deemed his arsonist of a sibling to marry the weak human, but Natsu has yet to provide an answer.

"Ah-bah," (Y/n) babbles, her chubby fingers wrapped tightly around Gray's pant leg. At only four months old, the young baby has her father wrapped tightly around her finger, literally and figuratively.

"Yeah, yeah." Gray pulls (Y/n) up into his embrace, smiling as the baby nuzzles into his neck. "You're lucky I love you, kid."

As if she understands her father's words, (Y/n) squeals happily and wraps her pudgy arms around his neck. Since she is not human, (Y/n) squeezes Gray's neck much stronger than an average baby would, so the dark-haired male gasps as he feels the strength his possesses daughter.

"Here's her stupid key," he remarks, tossing the object in question at Natsu. "Now, leave us be. I want to spend time with (Y/n), alone."

---

"Eh, (Y/n)? What are you doing in here," Gajeel inquires from his comfortable position on the couch. He watches (Y/n) crawl across the room with a gentle smile, wiggling a finger at her eye-level as encouragement for her to complete her journey.

After six minutes of crawling and dragging her legs across the carpet, (Y/n) finally reaches her destination. Being only four months, the young baby has no clue how to stand up to reach her uncle, so she grabs the finger Gajeel had waved in front of her before. Like all toddlers, the temptation to put any object in her mouth creeps into her mind, so without a care in the world, (Y/n) does just that.

"Are you hungry, little one?"

(Y/n) discovers that her uncle's finger has a metallic taste, lingering from when Gajeel snacked on some iron pipes, and immediately takes a liking to the taste of iron; something about the taste draws her in, leaving her hungry for more.