Chapter 16 {Unedited}

Today is the court date cause we finally have enough evidence. My mom and Wade weren't very happy when we told them the news but they don't have much of a choice.

"You okay?" Erik asks me a few minutes before I have to go in.

"Just a little scared." I say

"You'll be fine. I've been in court plenty of times just tell them the truth." I'm not even going to ask why he's been in court.

We haven't fought in weeks and my life is starting to get better. Liz and Luke are in the crowd and school is going to start next week.

"Lindsay you can go in now." Says on of the police officers.

I walk in and all eyes at on me, I'm scared but don't show it. I take a seat next to my dad where they tell me to.

"I have a few questions for Miss. Bradford." My dad's lawyer says.

I get up and walk t the stand, take the oath and sit at the witness stand.

"Lindsay is it true that you had to cook, clean, and help pay bills since you were what, thirteen?"

"Yes." I say cause it's true.

"So I guess it's true your mother couldn't pay for everything with out help. Why is that?"

"Because she was an alcoholic." I say simply.

"Was? So she no longer is?"

"Well she got better at not drinking as much once she met Wade." I state.

"I see. And did you ever meet Wade before you found out you were going to move?"

"The day I meet him was a month before we moved and that was when I found out my mom was engaged and we were moving."

"So you didn't have a say on whether you moved or not?"

"That's correct." I say.

"Now you have told your friends that you had a bad feeling about Mr. Bradley. Is that true?" She asks I don't think this will be over soon.

"Yes it's true. I suspected that he wasn't as perfect as everyone thought. I was right." I say.

"That you were. Lady's and gentleman, this may surprise you but please watch these videos very closely." She then plays a few of the videos of Wade sniffing Heroin.

"I now call Mr. Bradley to the stand." She says.

I walk back to my seat as Wade goes to take the oath. She asks questions about the video and Wade admits to it all. Then she questions my mom and my mom admits to it all also. Then the other lawyer questions my dad. Then it's my turn again. I'm the last one to be questioned then the jury decides who I should live with.

"Miss. Bradford, as we all know you just met your father for the first time in thirteen years. You always have had good grades, nice boyfriends, and have been the child parents want their kid to be. Now you have a boyfriend who gets into trouble, and you sneak out and are just the opposite of what you were in Chicago. Why?" The guy asks.

"First of all yes all that's true except for the image part. Yes I always have gotten good grades. But that was just natural. I had to act perfect, that meant dating people I don't like, and being someone I'm not. I would sneak out of my room in Chicago and hang out with my friends, I would secretly date guys like Erik in between the ones I had to date. I would have to be that perfect child and I hate it everyday. Then I meet my dad and found out he wasn't as bad as my mom said he was. He made me feel like it didn't matter if I was perfect, what grades I got, who I dated, how late I stayed out as long as he knew where I was. I felt like a normal kid for the first time in awhile, no pressure, no stress just being a normal teen." I say truthfully.

"So your saying that you had to be perfect, never argue or do anything bad ever?"

"That is correct."

"No farther questions." The man says, still don't know what his name is. The judge dismisses us so the jury can decide who I live with.

"You were great, babe!" Erik says.

"Thanks. I just hope that was enough." I say.

"I know you'll win. Don't worry about." He says pulling me into a hug.

"Time to go back in." An officer tells us.

We walk in and I take my seat next to my dad. We sit thru the recap then finally get to the verdict.

"We the jury have decide that Miss. Lindsay Bradford will be living with her Father Mr. Scott Bradford."

"Yes!" I and a few others say.

"Court dismissed." We all get up and leave.

"I can't believe you Lindsay." My mom says after I finish packing all my stuff into my dad's car.

"Well believe it mother. I have to go." I say and get in the car.

"You ready to go?" dad asks.

"Yup!" I say and we drive to my new home.

*****this chapter is short but has a lot happen so hope you enjoyed it. The next chapter will be the first day of school. Sorry I haven't updated a lot I've been busy but it'll be back to normal soon, promise!

Comment

Vote

Fan