Chapter 9

"Dad, can I stay with you for a few days?" I ask when we get to Wade's house.

"Sure sweetie."

"Thank you." I say hugging him.

I go straight to my room. I pull out a suitcase and put a bunch of clothes and my swimsuit in it. When I go down I hear mom and Wade talking and I freeze. I don't know if I should go out the balcony or try for the front door. So, I decide to play it safe and leave a note in my room then leave through the balcony.

"Alright, I'm ready." I announce walking up to my dad.

"Great, let's go."

He pulls into his driveway after about 10 minuets. All I can say is his house is big. It's on the beach and is beautiful. He shows me to my room and tells me that he'll cook dinner and come get me when it's ready. I settle in and call Luke and Liz.

"Hello?" They say in unison.

"Hey!" I say.

"Oh my god Linz! We were starting to worry about you. Is he your dad?" Liz asks.

"He is!" I exclaim.

"That's great!" Luke says.

"This makes things way easier." I say.

"What do you mean?" They ask in unison.

"First of all stop talking in unison. It's really creepy. And two I ALREADY FOUND MY DAD!!" I yell the last part.

"There goes my right ear." Luke says sarcastically.

"Shut up."Liz and I say.

We talk for a little while longer till my dad calls me for dinner.

"Gotta go. I have to go eat dinner."

"Bye Linz." Luke says.

"Bye girl. Text me later." Liz says.

"I will!" I say and hang up.

"Hey dad!" I say when I get to the kitchen.

"Hi sweetie."

"What's for dinner?" I ask.

"Ravioli with homemade sauce."

"That's one of my favorites!" I say with a huge smile.

"Your acting like you haven't had it in years."

"Cause I haven't. No one taught me how to make it and mom refused to cook. Except on my 10th birthday. So it's been six years." I inform him.

"Well, we have to change that now don't we."

"Yes we do. And hopefully soon, I'm starving!" I emphasize the last word.

We talk and eat all of the food. We both clean up and I forget about how he left me, how mom's going to marry Wade, how I left my old life for this, about all the things that were bothering me. We just talk and laugh. We had started vegging out and watching comedies when there's a knock on the door.

"I'll get it! Don't watch anymore without me." I order then pausing the movie and go to the door.

I'm wearing sweatpants, a sweatshirt that is too big, and my hair is in a messy bun. I'm not expecting it to be anyone I know since I only know like three people.

"Who is it?" Dad yells.

"I'll let you know when I open the door!" I yell back.

"Well hurry up!" I just roll my eyes laughing and open the door.

"Hello?" I ask before I even see who it is when I do I'm immediately self-conscious.

"Hey!" Erik says smirking.

"How did you know where I am?" I ask.

"Your dad told me and invited me over." He laughed.

"Dad! You've got some explaining to do!" I yell.

"Oh did I not mention Erik was coming over?" He asks.

"Must have slipped your mind!" I yell back and turn to Erik. "Come in."

"Thanks. Nice house by the way." He says stepping in.

"Thanks." We walk to the family room to continue watching the movie.

"Dad, what are you doing?" I ask when he puts in the Notebook, turns down the lights, walks out. He doesn't even give me an answer.

"Just go with it." Erik whispers in my ear sending chills down my spine.

We just sit on the couch watching The Notebook. It's only at the Ferris wheel scene where Noah hangs on it until Allie agrees to go on a date with him. We both start laughing. I look over at Erik to find him staring me.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh nothing." He says putting his arm around my shoulder and pulls me into his chest.

We watch the rest of the movie like this and at the end I start to cry like I always do and Erik, the self absorbed egotistical bad boy, kisses the top of my head and just holds me until I stop crying. Then my dad comes in with more junk food while me and Erik pick out Kevin Hart: Let me Explain. We laugh our asses off and end up watching Seriously Funny and Laugh at My Pain. It's the most fun I've ever had, and I spent it with my dad.

Erik leaves at about 2 am but had stayed to help clean up. Me and my dad make Coffee and watch reruns of Friends. This is exactly how I want every night to be, just relaxing, my dad, and no worries.

********

Hey guy!!! So how did like Lindsay's first night at her dads? Do you think that Lindsay will try to get her parents back together? Or maybe have her dad get custody of her? I'll update tomorrow!

Comment

Vote

Fan