Chapter 8

"He's your father." The woman says.

"Oh. My. God!" I shriek with a huge grin. "We have to tell mom. Maybe she won't marry Wade now. Oh my god! Do you still love mom?!?" I babbled.

"Slow down sweetie. I don't think you mother would be to pleased if I just showed up." He says.

"It'll be fine! Please!" I beg with a puppy dog face that always work when I was four.

"Fine." He says smiling.

"Yay!" I exclaim grabbing his hand and dragging him toward the parking lot. "Where did you park?"

"Over there. I'll meet you at the exit." He tells me.

"Okay." I say and head to my car.

I tell him to follow me to the house. We drive for a a few minutes until we reach the house. I jump out of my car after turning it off and putting it in park. Dad gets out and meets me at the front door.

"Mom! Come here! And hurry!" I yell like it's an emergence.

"Do you fake being panicked a lot?" Dad asks.

"Only on special occasions." I say with a shrug.

"What's wrong honey?" Mom says concern filling her words. I put on an innocent smile.

"Nothing" I say with my innocent smile and a shrug.

"Well what do yo-" Mom stops talking when she sees Dad.

"Hi Susanna." Dad said.

"What are you doing here Scott." Mom said flatly.

"He came back just like he promised he would." I said to her.

"What makes you think you can just show up here unannounced?" Mom asked.

"Look I'm not here to fight. I just wanted to see my daughter." Dad said to mom.

"I think you should leave Scott." Mom said no emotion in her voice or on her face.

"No! He's not leaving again! He's my guest and I say he stays! Or I leave with him!" I practically yell at my mom.

"Lindsay Maria Bradford! Go to your room right now young lady!" Mom tails me.

"It's okay Lindsay. I'll just go." Dad said calmly rubbing my back.

"And you Scott, need to leave. Now!" Mom said.

"No! He can't leave me again!" I scream and sprint out of the house towards the beach.

I can hear my parents yelling at each other and yelling for me to come back but I ignore them. I've been running for about five minutes, out of sight of the house. I'm still running when I run into someone.

"Sorry." I mutter looking down.

"Lindsay? What's wrong?" A familiar voice said.

"Dad....came....back.....mom's......mad.....they.......keep.....fighting.........mom.....hates.......him..." I pant out and start to cry.

"It's okay. You're fine. Everything's fine." Erik whispers in my ear holding me tight in his arms while I calm down.

"Sorry for ruining your shirt." I say with a small smile after I calm down.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just get you home." Erik says softly to me.

He takes me home and my mom and dad are still fighting in the driveway.

"Will you two just stop already!" I yell getting their attention.

"Honey are you okay?" Mom asks me.

"I'm fine." I say coldly.

"I'm going to go cook dinner." Mom says. "Come on Lindsay."

"No!" I say.

"Lindsay, now." She says firmly.

"I'm staying right here. I'll come in when I'm ready to. Not when I'm told to." I say staying close to Erik.

"Fine." Mom says and storms inside. When the door closes I run to my dad.

"Daddy." I hug him as tight as I can. I feel like the helpless four year old begging her dad to stay again.

"It's okay baby." Dad says pulling away. 

"Who's this?" He says gesturing to Erik.

"That's Erik." I say.

"Hello sir." Erik says holding out his hand.

"Please call me Scott." He says shaking Erik's hand.

~~~

"I like this boy." Dad whispers in my ear. We've been talking on the beach for awhile.

"We're not dating." I rush out. Erik and my dad laugh. I join in soon after.

"We would be if she would just agree to go on a date with me already." Erik says.

"Why don't you?" Dad asks me.

"Because mom and Wade wouldn't like him." I say annoyed at the thought.

"I don't see why not." Dad said.

"Beats me. I'm quite the catch, if I do say so myself." Erik says.

"You also have an ego bigger that Jupiter. And mom has this unspoken idea that I need to be perfect. Perfect boyfriend, grades, friends, clothes, everything. So I've always had to date boys who are annoyingly polite. Also I have to act perfect so never have an attitude, never sneak out, never go to party's, that's why she was shocked when I stood up to her cause I've never talked back to her before." I explained.

"Forget about what your mother wants. Just do you want, date who you want as long as I approve." Dad says.

"Thanks daddy." I say hugging him. "So you approve of Erik."

"I sure do baby girl." Dad replies.

"Good." I say to him then turn to Erik. "How about that date?"

"Consider it done." Erik said smirking.

***The truth comes out! so what do you think if Lindsay and Erik? and what and her dad Scott? let me know in the comments. Oh ya, sorry for the short chapter.

Comment

Fan

Vote