Chapter 10

I wake up to the amazing scent of coffee, not just any coffee, Starbucks (yes, I'm that addicted). I get out of bed and decide to take a quick shower. I had gotten a new crop top the other day with Luke and Liz. It's a light green with cheetah/zebra print in white with only enough of it to be behind the word Love that's in gold lettering. I pair that with navy blue skinny jeans and my new black converse with small outlines of Chuck Taylor's and guitars in white and pink. Then I go to the kitchen where I find Starbucks. I go straight it, not even bothering to say anything.

"Good morning." Dad says smiling. I give a small wave while taking a sip of coffee. "I see you don't need coffee in the morning." He says sarcastically.

"Sorry, thanks for the coffee by the way. But, how did you know I always get this?" I ask.

"Well, I always get that so I thought you might like it as well. I also asked Erik." He says.

"Oh."

"So any plans for today?" Dad asks after a few minutes of silence.

"I should probably go talk to mom. Well, at least talk after hearing her lecture." I say.

"Sounds fun."

"Oh it'll be a blast." I retort.

After breakfast I to go over and talk, well listen, to mom.

"Hello!" I yell when I walk in the door.

"You are grounded missy! You can't just go stay with your dad whenever you feel like it!" That's when I tuned out.

"I understand mom. Like always, I understand! But he's my dad, Wade's not! And for the first time, I had fun! I wouldn't trade that for the world! I get you hate dad, I do, but I don't! He understands me! He's not the bad person you always told me he was! I'm not even sure I want to live with you and Wade, it's getting to be to much. The a constant pressure to be perfect and good, but I'm not! I'm far from perfect but I act like I am just so you'll be happy! But I'm miserable mom! I sneak out late, I hang out with people who you wouldn't like! Erik, he can be a huge jerk but he's also one of he sweetest people I know and we're dating. I only dated the people I did because they were the only people you approved of! You made me leave Chicago, your the reason that we are here right now! If it was up to me we would be in Chicago where all my old friends are, my old life! But it's not up to me and, honestly, I'm glad we came here because I found my dad! I realized that I can't keep pretending to be someone I'm not!" Mom just stood there, speechless.

So, I pushed passed her and went to my room, got out the rest of my suitcases and put all the clothes in them that would fit. Turns out all of my clothes fit, it just took a little effort. I put my suitcases into my car and then put some of my stuff in the trunk as well.

"What are you doing?" Mom demands.

"Moving my stuff to dad's." I snap, as I close the trunk. Surprisingly, all of my stuff fit in there.

"No you are not!"

"Yes I am!" I yelled and then get in the car and drive away.

I drive back to dad's and am a mess when I get inside.

"What's wrong baby girl?" He embraces me when he sees how upset I am.

"Can I live with you?" There is clear desperation in my voice.

"Of course, but I don't custody, your mom does." He says.

"Can't you get custody?" I plead.

"We can try." He says. "I'll be right back."

"Okay." He walks off to the kitchen.

I walk over to the couch, grab one of the pillows and hug it. My dad came in awhile later, but he's not alone this time, there are three people with him.

"Linz? What's wrong?" Liz asks rushing over to me.

"Is everything alright?" Luke asks following her.

"What happened babe?" Erik asks me.

"I went to talk to my mom and she was mad that I stayed here last night without her saying it was okay. Then I went off on her and told her that it's her fault my life is such a mess and I just packed up my stuff and came back here. I told her I don't want to live with her and Wade." Then I realize what I did.

"It's okay." Liz says.

"Yeah, don't listen to a word your mom says. You're way happier here." Erik says.

"They're right, you know. You're better off here with your dad." Luke says.

"I wish I could stay, but my mom is the only one with custody. My dad doesn't but I'm sure he will get custody. Right dad?" I turn to him for validation.

"I sure will." He assures me.

After I calm down, we decide to watch really lame movies and eat everything in town. Luke and Liz keep looking at each other while I'm laying down on the floor with Erik. His arms are wrapped around me and I'm leaning against his chest. My dad's on the arm chair keeping a watchful eye on me and Erik.

"Luke just kiss Liz already! The sexual tension is killing me here!" I finally beg looking over to see them both blushing.

"I agree with Linz. Dude, just kiss her already. You clearly like each other!" Erik says to Luke.

"As the adult, I should probably say not to kiss. But that's no fun. Just kiss her!" My dad states causing me to laugh.

After a few moments of no one talking just looking at Liz and Luke, they kiss.

"That wasn't so hard now was it? So, can we get back to the movie? Oh and Luke take her on a date." I say pressing play on the movie and throwing popcorn at them. Luke, Liz, and Erik call their parents to tell them their spending the night. And we stay up until four in the morning when we finally crash.

***********

Hey, so I just wanted to say that I don't write for anyone. I just write for me and I do take suggestions but it's a way for me to let out some of my thoughts. With that said I also wanted to say that yes Lindsay is still depressed but it's not as bad as she thought. I'm going to try and update tomorrow but I'm really busy so it might not be till late at night if at all. So like always hope you enjoyed! Comment anything I can do!

Comment

Fan

Vote