Chapter 38: Visitors

Jon was a bit scared the last time he saw Red was when he brought the brunette to the hospital. The Raven haired man held the bouquet of sunflowers tightly then curled his fingers into a fist and lightly knocked "Come in" Red's voice was a bit croaked and his throat was sore and itchy.

Jon poked his head into the room and his heart clenched at the sight  before him. An  IV tube we're inserted in his fore arm, his face still had that purplish yellow bruise beneath his eye, his lips were chapped and slit and he had dark rings under his eyes.

Jon walked in placing the flowers into a transparent jar beside the recovering boy's bed. Red patted the space on his bed Jon gently laid on the spot and pulled Red to his chest the two boys fit each other like jigsaw puzzle.

They were in a comfortable silence Red was playing with the buttons in Jon's shirt twisting it then letting go he got bored of the buttons his fingers moved to Jon's lips he traced them feeling the thin soft lips against the pads of his fingers made him shiver in delight slowly he leaned in and placed a kiss on the sleeping boy's lips his tongue flicked over Jon's button lips and he sucked earning a moan from the older boy Jon's eyes fluttered open he didn't see the ugly bruise or the slit chapped lips all he saw was the same Red he fell in love with.

"Hi" he greeted grinning like a love struck too Red smiled he nuzzled his head under Jon's chin and kissed his adam's ayour.

  Jon left later in the day giving Red a long French kiss and promised to smuggle in some treats when he comes to visit him. Red felt lonely after Jon left, he was feeling sleepy when he heard another knock "Come in you dummy you can sleep here I'll talk to the-" Josh walked in Red's playful tone dropped to the ground Josh looked different his styled hair was now messy and lost its colour ,his clothes looked rough, he had bags under his eyes and he had the smell of nicotine lingering around him.

"I am sorry* he said his voice cracking Red smiled a little it wasn't his fault. "I'm sorry for treating you badly for letting Malcolm stay,for leaving you all alone with my crazy mother I am sorry I wasn't there to protect you I'm-"
"Sorry" Red cut him off Josh looked from the floor "I forgive you it wasn't your fault you had a life to live still do you didn't know Malcolm would do those things to me nor did you know your mother was crazy" Josh broke down into a fit of sobs using his knuckles to wipe his wet cheeks furiously Red smiled not that he like seeing Josh in pain. No! He smiled because Josh was sorry ... Truly sorry.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"I've been transferred to France... I got a promotion" josh said sipping the horrible hospital coffee Red beamed with a smile"good for you" Josh shrugged "it's okay but who would take care of you?" He paused "I mean I could sign the adoption papers If you want but I won't be here so who?" Red stared at the plain white ceiling "Jon would" he responded Josh sipped his coffee trying not to sob he knew who Jon was, the boy that saves Red and was there for him when he was broken.

Finally done with the coffee he jumped to his feet and dusted his jeans "I've gotta go I'll speak to the lawyers you'll be eighteen in a -"

"Weak" Red interjected Josh smiled "I leave for France tomorrow-" he pulled the door open then looked at Red over his shoulder "Helen wants to see you she's at the psychiatric hospital uptown. I know she bitch but please do visit her" then he left leaving Red to ponder on the thought if visiting his aunt.