I let the breeze blow my hair back as I watch the ocean. Nothing feels right any more. How can you love someone but hate to be in their very presence..my normal world has been torn to pieces all because I fell for one of the most insincere, undeniably irritating, womanizers in my school. Everyone told me to stay away, even myself, but I didn't listen. I couldn't resist.

"Hey."

"Hi." I whimper.

"I uh, passed Shane leaving. You want to talk about it.." I glare at him. "Not in the way where I get mad at you..as the big brother trying to fix our broken relationship."

I look at him, "Basically. My heart was just broken, but also completely relieved."

"Do..what?" He lightly laughs.

I sigh, "I hate Shane with every fiber of my being..but I some how managed to make myself think he was a good guy. I was proved wrong today..I should have gone with my first instinct."

"Which was..."

"Tell you to kick his ass."

"There's my little sister. You know, it's not the same around here..with uh, us not being close an all."

"Yea it's because we are the only two living here so when we don't speak..it gets lonely." I remark.

"Hey hey hey..trying to fix..not fight." he winks at me.

"Sorry..just a rough day."

"How about we stay away from guys until you're 17."

"Uh yea right!"

"Ok 16 1/2.."

"No."

"16 1/4?"

"Nope. 16 is as old as I'm going. And I still haven't forgotten about that girl.."

Jason blushes.

"Who is she."

"That's..um, Tammy."

"Oh. When can I meet her?"

"Wait, you're okay with it?"

"Ofcourse. I think you need a girlfriend." I laugh.

"Why's that!"

"No comment!"

He pulls me in a hug but starts tickling me. "STTOOPPP!!" I squeal.

"Alright alright alright. You can meet her in a few days."

"How old is she?"

"My age. I really like her, Annie. Like REALLy like her." Jason blushes..for the first time ever.

"Awww my older brother is growing up!" I tease.

"Oh stop." He looks at me with big, genuine eyes. "I do need to some growing up though.."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...I should give you a little more...freedom. I guess."

"Really..by that what do you mean?" I question cautiously.

"Meaning..I will try to give you more space..and be more open to things that you want to do."

"Like parties? Dances? Boys? My curphew?"

"Hey hey hey..let's not get too ahead of ourselves..I said a little." I role my eyes.

"And by that you mean you'll try but you can't promise anything."

"No by that I mean I'll try..and I'll do my best to compromise with you."

"I guess I can live with that..thankyou Jason. It means a lot." He hugs me and we watch the ocean curl and crash into big waves. I wonder what changed his mind..I mean he was only gone for a short amount of time. I wonder what happened. 

"You wanna go get something to eat..I'm starving!"

"Sounds good." I smile. Me and my big brother are okay now. My world seems to be turning around again. I can live without boys for a while right? I mean so far they haven't worked out. I haven't pursued Zack though..I could always try him. Atleast as a best friend. I'll talk to Cherry later and see what she thinks.

We pull up at a pizza place that all the teenagers in town hang out at. We walk inside and find a table.

"Jason. I don't want to be here any more. Can we leave?" I whisper as I look to the floor. I began to tremble as I feel the eyes of someone watching me. I know who that person is...and seeing them brings back memories that no one should ever have to have run through their mind every night they close their eyes. "Jason...now!" I am pleading him, begging him to see them. My body is shaking and tears stream down my face as panic kicks in..."Please, please..I need to leave."