chapter twenty-nine

Kai-

It was two weeks after her due date.

She was not the most jolly person.

The longer we waited for the baby, the more unsafe it was and the quieter Amber got.

I've been making her breakfast every morning for the past two months, so this morning I thought spicy oatmeal would be a good plan.

I walk in to the room. She sitting at the edge of the bed, breathing heavily and crying.

"Amber! Is it time?" I ask.

"No. I just want this baby out so freaking bad!" She yells.

I lay her back down and hand her the tray.

"Thank you, Kai. I'm sorry. I just don't want to wait any longer." She says more calmly.

"We can go get you induced, if that's what you want." I say.

"No. I don't want to go to a hospital." She says as she takes a bite of her breakfast.

I go up and kiss her, and we laugh. Because this whole thing is kind of hilarious.

I walk back in holding Dawson to grab the plate. She was straddling the bed laughing.

"Amber?" I ask.

"I'm having a contraction!" She laughs.

Amber takes Dawson and starts dancing with him. Dawson loves to dance.

"You're gonna be a big brother Dawson!" She says.

He laughs and waves his arms around.

After filling up the water pool and the bath tub, I call her mom and Carol.

They live almost four hours away, so by the time they would get here hopefully the baby is born but yet hopefully not.

Amber and I walked all around the house, up and down the stairs, everywhere. Her contractions were bad, and she was in a lot of pain.

I kissed her on her forehead, and she wraps her arms around my neck and breathes the contraction through.

How freaking strong is my gorgeous wife?