chapter forty-four

Carol-

After eight hours, the baby was coming.

I personally believed it is a boy, after the four girls she already has. I have triplets also, and my mom is a triplet. It really runs in the family.

I kept calling Kai, waiting for an answer.

Amber through her head back in pain. "I need Kai here. Where is he?" She yelled.

"Amber, you don't need him right now. This baby needs you to push." I say.

"I don't want to do this without Kai? What if something happened to him?" She starts to cry.

"Amber, think of the baby right now. Forget about Kai. Kai is alright. He's in San Francisco, working. And you're having this baby." My mom says.

"What if he got hurt. I think he's hurt." Amber cries.

"Stop saying he's hurt, Amber. That's just scaring you the more you say it. So stop. But, you need to push!" Lily says.

Amber was on her bed, in a ton of pain. It's weird seeing my little sister give birth, but she said the same thing when I gave birth.

That's when Amber's phone rang. I quickly answered it.

"Hi, this is Amber's phone." I answer.

"Hello, can we please talk to Amber Corbett?" The lady asks.

"She, She can't speak right now." I say.

"Well, there's been an accident. Kai Corbett is being rushed to the hospital right now." She says.

My heart started thumping. "What happened?" I ask, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"There was a fire, and a gas leak that exploded and Kai was right by it. We don't know if he'll make it." She replies.

"How do we get there, if he's all the way in San Francisco?" I ask.

Amber is shaking my shoulder, bawling, wondering why the hell I was bawling.

"His doctor will call you as soon as possible with more details. I'm sorry." She says then hangs up.

Amber yells in pain. "Amber, I know. I know. But come on, you have to push this baby out." I say, crying.

"What is it?" Lily asks.

"Amber needs to focus." I say.

Everybody looks at me, frightened. "He was- there was, a gas leak. It exploded and led to a fire, he was nearby." I finally let out.

"Is he dead?" Amber cries.

"No, he's being rushed to the hospital now." I say a little more calmly.

"I'm having his baby Carol! He's my husband and the father of my children! If he dies I die!" She yells.

Then she yells in exhaustion and pain from another contraction. Lily is on the verge of crying, because she is close to Kai.

The baby finally comes out, and she holds it and just cries.

It's a baby boy.