chapter nine

Amber-

1 month later

I woke up in Kai's bed. I've practically been living here for the last 5 months. Pregnancy sucked. And it was good. I was finally showing, showing to a point where people knew I was pregnant.

Kai and I drove to my mom's mansion. We got welcomed in. "Darien!" I say as I hug my step father.

"Let me take your coat, darling." He offers. He takes off my coat, and I quickly wrap my thick sweater around my stomach. My mother walks down the hallway.

"Amber!" She says and gives me a big hug.

"Hey, mom." I say backing out of the hug.

"Come, come! Dinner is served!" We fast walk to the dining hall.

Anything nowadays got me exhausted. Kai and I secretly held hands as we walked. When we got into the room, we quickly let go. I awkwardly hugged my siblings. Jason and his wife, Linda were there, Katherine and her husband Jake, then Carol with her hubby Hunter. Linda just recently had their third child. Katherine's youngest is only a year old. Carol and Hunter have triplets, two boys and a girl. Marla isn't their with Finn, and their son Finn Jr. She's a surgeon and it's a blessing enough that she made it to the party.

After a beautiful dinner, it was time. I stand up, in front of everyone. "Hey, everyone. It's nice to be here again. Congratulations, Linda and Jason on your new baby girl." I take a deep breath. "I know all you guys are going to ask about Jeremiah. We broke up. He broke up with me." Gasps from everywhere.

"What happened?" My sister Katherine asks.

"I fell in love with some one else." I reply. I look down at my handsome Kai, looking hot as ever, who was smiling sympathetically for me. He stands up. "Kai didn't come here as my friend." More gasps.

"Amber and Kai! I knew it would happen!" My mother shouts.

I smile. I was so glad she approved. I take a deep breath. Kai knows what I need to say next. He grabs my hand. "Jeremiah didn't break up with me because he didn't love me anymore." I drop my cardigan.

My arms conform the shape of my new growing belly. Kai puts his arm on my shoulder. I look over at my mom, who has a surprised look on her face.

"What?" My mom says.

"I'm pregnant." I repeat.