half a heart

A/N: You guys are gonna hate me for this lol

i had a few interviews in the morning and was on my way home. like all of my interviews, they wanted to know about justin, and harry, and my music career, and my family. it was pretty regular for me now, talking about things i didn't want to talk about. i had stopped for a bagel and coffee on the way home, and was eating as i drove. my phone rang, so i put my bagel down on a napkin on my lap, and answered the phone.

"hello?" i answered, i hadn't even checked caller id, like a dumbass. "kj!" it was kendall. "where are you?" she asked me, and the bagel slid off the napkin onto my pants when i stopped at a red light. "shit!" i mumbled, trying to clean it off.

"i'm on the way home, what's up?" i responded to her. "okay. when you get home, we need to go shopping for harry's party. i don't have anything and you don't either." kendall told me. "were you going through my clothes?" i groaned and she didn't answer. "ugh, whatever. i'll see you in like 30 minutes. love you." i said before hanging up the phone.

suddenly, i felt a little nauseous. and then, that little bit turned into a lot of nausea. so, i pulled over onto the side of the road and opened the car door, just in time for me to throw up in the grass. i decided that my bagel was probably the reason, and stopped eating it. i put a piece of gum in my mouth before getting back onto the road.

i drove to the house and kendall ran out before i could even get out. she climbed in the passenger seat. "why are you in such a rush?" i asked her as i reversed out of our driveway. "i've been so bored all day, since you were busy and louis is staying in london a little longer than planned, cause his mom is sick." she whined. "jay? i hope she's alright." i mumbled. kendall agreed.

we shopped around for a while before settling on two dresses to wear to harry's party. i still didn't want to go but i felt that it was what was right, considering how much he always did for me.

"hey, kj. mom wants us to come to dinner tonight. she says it's a girls night." kendall read from her phone, probably a text from kris. "okay, sounds good." i agreed. a little time with my mom and sisters was always good, no matter how ridiculous they were.

we left the store and went straight to mom's house, where kylie, khloe, kim, and kourtney already were. "hey, guys!" kendall greeted them as we walked in. "hey! what did you two do today?" kris asked us.

"well, i had some interviews this morning and then kendall and i went shopping for dresses for harry's birthday party this weekend." i responded as ken and i sat down on the couch. "you're actually going to that?" khloe asked, her eyes wide in surprise for some reason.

"uh, yeah. why wouldn't i?" i asked her, confused as to why she was so surprised. "well, aside from the fact that you have a broken rib, isn't his new girlfriend going to be there?" she asked me. that was when my world stopped. his what? harry had a new girlfriend? how come he never told me?

"did you not know about that?" kylie chimed in. "uh, no. no, i didn't. who is he dating?" i asked my sisters. i was shocked that he had a new girlfriend, and upset that this was how i was hearing about it. "her name's jaylen wells. she's an actress." kylie told me while scrolling through her phone. she pulled up a picture from this girl's instagram.
-

thejaylenwells i appreciate you

2.7m likes | 411k comments
-
"oh. well, good for harry. she's really pretty." i smiled as best i could make myself in the moment. i wasn't lying, not about how she was beautiful. but the smile i wore was a massive lie. i wanted to be happy for them, and i think a part of me was.

it hurt me because i still loved harry. i'd never let go of my love for harry. i hate to admit it because of how selfish it was, but i guess i just wanted harry to keep waiting for me to be ready to get back together. i didn't want him to be with someone else. i guess i'd waited too long. but deep down, i knew this was for the best. he deserved someone who would treat him better than i had. someone who appreciated him, which apparently she did. someone more deserving of his love. he looked happy, and that was all that mattered.

- - -
Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it! Happiest of holidays to everyone who celebrates them and if you don't, I hope life is going well for you!

Q: If you could only listen to one 1D album for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
A: Probably Made in the AM if I had to choose