stand up

HARRYS POV

"are you ready for 2015?" kaia asked me as she put on her eyeshadow. "i haven't decided that yet." i responded, trying to fix my hair. it wouldn't do what i wanted it to. "here, baby, i got it." kaia placed the strand of hair where it belonged and brushed through my mane of hair lightly with her fingers.

"there you go." she admired her work. she was always good at fixing my hair when i couldn't. "thanks, love." i kissed her temple. "how long are you gonna grow it?" she asked me as she went back to her makeup. "i don't really know. i haven't decided if i want it long or short. why, do you think i need to cut it?"i asked her, suddenly lacking confidence. i wasn't sure if she was trying to hint that she wanted me to cut it or not.

"oh, no baby. i'm sorry, i didn't mean to make you self-conscious, i really like it long like this. i think you should grow it a little longer, actually." she told me, examining it. "really?" i asked her. "yeah, long hair on guys is hot." she shrugged and i smirked.
- - -
"are you ready to go?" i asked kaia. "yes, just one second." she put her heels on. "okay, now i'm ready. let's go." she walked over to me. "you look beautiful, as always." i kissed her lips. "thanks babe." she pecked me again before we headed out.

"so this is our first carpet appearance as a couple." i reminded kaia as i drove us to the venue. "wow, you're right." she agreed. "they're gonna be weird about it." i nodded at her statement, "oh, absolutely."

"hey, you're not playing my music." i pointed out when i realized and she nodded. "nope. i figured i'd let you end the year in peace." she teased. "well, it's greatly appreciated." i teased back.

"does it really bother you that much?" she asked me. i could tell she was starting to feel kinda bad about it. "no, sweetheart. i think it's cute that you like my music. if it was anyone else, it might. but it's you, so it doesn't. it doesn't bother me at all." i admitted and she let out a breath. "okay, good. cause i really wanted to listen to 'rock me' right now." she immediately began playing the song.

"alright, bear, we're here." i told kaia after about 45 minutes of driving. "okay, cool." she responded and we got out of the car. "are you ready to do this?" i asked kaia. "yeah, i guess." she whined. i knew she didn't like these types of things, but she's the one who said we'd come tonight.

kaia and i walked hand in hand down the red carpet, taking lots of pictures and getting yelled at by paparazzi. they demanded they know everything about our relationship, but we didn't answer a single question from them.

"oh my god!" i heard a girl's voice and turned to see cara running towards kaia and i. "cara!" my girlfriend screeched and hugged cara tightly. "hey, car." i hugged her and kissed her cheek. we walked and talked with cara for the rest of the carpet.

once we got inside, i could tell that kaia's stress levels had gone down. "you want a drink?" i asked the girls. after they told me what they wanted, i left to get them what they'd asked for.

KAIAS POV

"you want a drink?" harry asked cara and i and we both quickly answered with our respective drink orders. harry quickly left to get them for us. "so you guys are red carpet official, huh?" cara asked as soon as he left. "apparently." i laughed and she did too.

"i'm so glad you guys are finally together." she smiled at me. "so am i. he's the greatest person i've ever met. i'm so lucky." i gushed, smiling at the thought of my perfect boyfriend. "that you are, and so is he. but if you break him i'll have to kill you! same goes for him, but he knows that already." she jokingly advised. "i will keep that in mind, thanks cara."

"excuse me. hi kaia, can we talk?" someone said, and i turned around to see someone i definitely hadn't expected to see.