(40)

Time Skip-

"Tae and I are gonna get going now," Jungkook said, leaning on the front counter. Yoongi scanned his face. He had bags under his eyes and His eyes full of anxiety yet excitment. Ah, the stressful joys of adopting a child.

"Send me pictures." Yoongi chuckled, "I'm so happy for you guys. Your daughter is gonna have the best uncle." He did an imaginary flip of his hair.

"Mhm, best uncle who's gonna pump her full of sugar and spoil her rotten because Yoongi I read your text threat with Jin." Jungkook laughed and looked over at Taehyung who appeared at the door.

"Alright, whatever, go go. Text me when you're there." Yoongi noted and Jungkook nodded, waving goodbye.

The now brown-haired boy leaned on his arm. He fiddled with the random things on the register, having nothing better to do.

The bell at the front dinged. He looked up to see a little girl walk in a disappear behind a shelf. She reappeared a few minutes later with some random one-dollar items.

"Can you make a funny face?" She asked. She looked to be about the age of five. Out of spite, Yoongi obliged. He made his best silly face and she giggled.

"UWU." She made the sound and Yoongi just chuckled and shook his head. He hadn't heard anyone say that in a while.

"I'll get two banana slushies, too! My daddy likes them." She leaned on the counter. Yoongi turned to fill two cups from the machine. He put on the lids, grabbed two straws, and placed them on the counter.

"Where is your dad?" Yoongi asked.

"He's waiting outside because he's too much of a chicken to come in and say hi even though he's been crying about you for the last five years." The little girl laughed and rolled her eyes. Yoongi froze.

"Huh?"

"I'm Kaori." She grinned widely. Ah, Yoongi would know that smile anywhere.

The boy just smiled softly at her, "These are free, then." He pushed the two drinks towards her, "What brings you guys back to Seoul?"

"We were gonna see uncle Kookie and TaeTae but then they left so we are just gonna stay for a while longer. I think my daddy secretly wants to move here. He didn't tell me I was born here."

"Yeah, you were. Gosh, your daddy was a nervous wreck the day you were born. He thought he wasn't good enough to be a dad."

"No! He's the best daddy ever! He knows how to do my hair really well because grandma is a little too rough sometimes." She giggled and took a sip of the slushie.

"That's good." Yoongi zoned out, remembering those times all those years ago. It had been five years since Jimin left but it didn't feel that long. Yoongi isn't afraid to admit that he misses Jimin. Still does. He never found interest in anyone else. It was only ever Jimin.

Yoongi felt his eyes begin to water up so he shook his head and looked back at Kaori.

"Are you okay, Yoonie? Do you wanna say hi? I know he does but he's afraid to. He thinks you are still mad at him." Kaori frowned.