~Epilogue~

EPILOUGUE

~4 years Later~

       Laura’s POV

       “I would like to introduce, this year’s valedictorian. Laura Marano!” Mrs. Fran announced. I walked up, shook her hand, and she handed me my diploma. She smiled at me as I got my speech out.

       “Hi, I’m Laura. These past few years in this university, were phenomenal. I learnt things about me I’ve never known before. I-“ I got interrupted by the door of the gym opening.

       Out came two people who I realised were Connor and Tristan. They were wearing a suit and tie. A very familiar song came on. Brad then came in and I froze in surprise. Brad, he’s walking?! He started walking down the aisle and onto the stage singing the song that started it all.

       Once he was beside me, he finished the song, the words ‘Somebody to you’ dying on his lips. Our gaze connected and I was at a loss for words. He started bending down onto one knee. I put my hand in front of my mouth.

       “Laura Marie Marano, 4 years ago, was one of the best years in my life, because that was when I met you.” Tears rushed down my face, as we smiled at each other,” Will you marry me?” He asked.

       He reached for his back pocket, and more tears flowed down my face. He revealed a small velvet box and placed both of his hands around the box. He was about to open it when a large elephant came into the gym. I was extremely confused when everyone was chanting Laura. I felt water on my face and then I opened my eyes.

       I looked around and groaned. Not again. This was the fourth time this week that she had a dream about Brad proposing.

       “What’s wrong babe?” Brad asked, walked up beside my bed, kissing the top of my forehead. Brad has started to walk again with the help of physical therapy.

       “Nothing, I was just having a dream. A really,  really good dream.”  I said dazed.

       “About?” He asked amused.

“just you pr-“ I stop immediately before I said the word.

“’Just me… what?” He raised his eyebrows.

“Nothing! Just you um, practicing how to salsa?” I state, more like a question than an actual statement.

“Yeah sure, babe.” He kissed my cheek, winked and left the room.

Four years ago after Brad gave me the promise ring, Brad and James tried to work things out, but things are still a bit shaky. They don’t really interact, but they can stand each other. Brad moved out of the house and stayed in my apartment I got in London. 

The Vamps are still together and are going on a tour in North America 2 days from now. I’m happy for them, but I’m sad I won’t be seeing Brad for more than 3 months. I got up and went into the kitchen. I looked around for any signs of Brad. Nothing. I shrugged and heard my stomach grumble.

 I sighed and felt the need for something sweet. I got ingredients for a red velvet cake. I put them all into a bowl, mixed it all together put it into a heart shaped cake pan, and stuck it into the oven. I went back into the room to clean it up a bit. As I finished, the smell of smoke entered my nose.

I ran out of the room and remembered the cake. I ran to the oven and opened it. There was a small fire so I grabbed the fire extinguisher, and pulled the valve and put out the fire. I sighed in defeat as I saw the cake burnt into a crisp.