Chapter ~9~

CHAPTER 9

Brad’s POV

      It was agonizing to see Laura look so, lifeless. Her cheeks usually filled with an adorable blush, now appeared, pale, dull almost. Her oh so perfect smile, turned into a flat line.

      When the lads came in, I hardly looked up. Tris looked at my line of gaze and saw Laura. He sat beside me and stayed silent. When the doctor came out, he looked at me and asked,

      “Are you guys here for Ms. Marano?”

“Yes.” I said. No hesitation.

      “She’ll be okay, but, when she nearly drowned, some of the water got into her throat and irritated the Larynx (Voice Box). The damage will temporarily cause vocal hoarseness; she has to keep from using her voice for about 2-3 weeks. We will allow one at a time to go into her room.” The doctor explained.

      All the boys turned their heads to look at me. Then Tris spoke up.

      “Come on Lad, you’re the closest to her, go inside.”

      I nodded and opened the door. I sat in one of the uncomfortable chairs and took one of her hands in mine. I started singing a song I heard on Youtube.

“I know I struggle to find 

the way to speak my mind 

in twenty five words or less 

I never have that success”

My voice cracked a few times but I continued singing.

“Cause sometimes I want to say 

All the things that I'm thinking about you baby 

It's never seemed to work before 

I guess I'll try it just once more 

So here I go”

I took a deep breath to prepare my for everything that I was about to sing,

“You're cute, you're sweet, you're soft, you’re smart

You fill the gaps inside my heart

You're nice to hold and hard to leave

You're everything that's good to me

I love your hair, your pretty eyes

The way you leave me mesmerised

I guess there's just one thing that's true

Above the rest - that I like you”

I stop singing because I hear some mumbling I look up and see Laura with her eyes closed smiling. When she opens her eyes, she says something that warms my heart.

LAURA’S POV

All I see is darkness; it was like this for what it felt like forever. I then hear a beautiful voice singing and every word they said, they took a little bit of darkness away. After a while, I can see light and the voice I realized belonged to Brad, finished the song with 3 words that meant everything to me.

“I like you”

Then I kept my eyes closed and tried calling him.

“Brad”

I felt him turn to me, so I opened my eyes.

“I like you too.”

-------A/N------

They finally admitted that they like each other!! The song Brad sang to her is called “The Art Of Succinct Compliments” by Summertime’s End.

I’m sorry to say that I won’t be able to post from June 23-25 because I have camp. See ya on the 26th!

If you read this, comment “Ms. Marano”

-Kyrstyn <3