Chapter ~!2~

CHAPTER 12

Brad’s POV

I was just thinking of how beautiful Laura looks, until I felt the lift suddenly stop. I felt panic rise in my body. Laura looked over to me and made eye contact which immediately calms me.

“Brad,” She said, “ We’re stuck! What do we do?”

“Let me call Connor.” I took out my phone. 4% battery left. Crap. I forgot to charge my phone last night. Not wanting to waste the small amount of battery, I press the phone Icon and dial Connor’s number.

“Ello?” He said into the phone.

“Connor! Laura and I are stuck!” I screamed into the phone

“Where are you?”

      “At the ho-“ I got interrupted by the phone dying. Dammit! I asked Laura if she brought her phone. She shook her head and said that she didn’t want to lose it so she kept it in my room.

      We stayed in the lift for what seemed like hours. I started panicking when I felt my throat yearn for water. I felt the walls coming closer, encasing me. Black dots invade my vision.

      “Brad! Are you okay?” she asked, worriedly. I immediately shake my head. “What can I do?”

“Stop talking. I don’t want you to suffer longer.” I told her, then she reluctantly nodded.

      “I have an idea. I’m ready.”

“Ready for what? And didn’t I tell you not to use your voice?”

“But my throat doesn’t hurt!” She pleaded like a 3 year old.

“Fine. And ready for what?”

“I’m ready… to tell you about Rose.” She said, which caused my mouth to hang open.

      “Ar-are you sure?” I asked.

      “I’m sure.” She assured. She then started.

      “Well, Rose was my best friend when I was 12,” Her eyes brimmed with tears, “The day before valentine’s day, we were walking to my house to make cards after school and there was this really busy intersection,”

She said, the pools of tears from both her eyes fell, “We were crossing the street when a car came speeding at us and Rose pushed me out of the way. I called her and told her not to but it was too late. The doctors did everything they could but the next day, she was pronounced dead. She died on Valentine’s Day. She saved me. Now every time Valentine’s Day comes along the feeling of guilt washes over me. I did this to her.” Now she was bawling.            I stood up to hug her. We stayed like that for about 10 minutes. She was shaking, and kept muttering that this was all her fault. I pulled away and put her face in my hands.

“That was not your fault, don’t you ever say that it’s your fault.”

“But it is, I was th-“ I silenced her by putting my lips onto hers. She stiffened but kissed back.

            Laura’s POV

      We’re kissing. I can’t believe this. It took me a little bit to process it but I then kissed back. We got interrupted by the sound of a throat clearing. We broke apart and looked up. It was Connor. I smiled sheepishly at him.

“Did I interrupt something?” He asked with a smirk.

----------A/N------------

They kissed! I’m fangirling inside.

What do you guys think of Rose?

If you read this comment ‘Kiss!’

                  -Kyrstyn <3