Chapter ~22~

CHAPTER 22

Brad’s POV

       “… You might never be able to walk again.” My eyes widened, and tears instantly rolled down my face. Laura reached out and wiped them off.

       “Is there anything you can do?” I ask the doctor.

“We have to look deeper into it. You can leave later on, with a wheelchair, but for now, we have to monitor your leg and make sure nothing worsens.” I nodded and the doctor left. I looked at Laura, who looked deep in thought.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I have to be back at set tomorrow.” She replied.

“It’s okay, I understand.”

“I want to help you through this.”

“I’ll be okay.” I lied.

“Are you sure? What are you going to be doing?”

“Well, I’m supposed to leave for Britain in two days.”

“What’s going to happen to us?” Laura asked.

“I’m not sure, but we will make it. I promise you.” I reassure her, she nodded reluctantly.

“I have to leave tonight.” She mentions.

“It’s okay Laur, believe me, I can take care of myself.” I take her hand and kiss it.       After a few hours, the doctor comes in.

“Okay Brad, you’re free to go.” I nod thankfully, and the doctor and Laura helps me on the wheelchair that the doctor placed beside my bed. Laura pushed the wheelchair onto the elevator and called James.

“James is coming,” She clarified.

“Okay, where are we going?”

“We should go to the hotel to pack,” She said, sadness in her voice. I nodded.

“Brad?” Laura said, I looked at her.

“Yeah?”

“I’m not sure if you heard me, but while you were in the c-coma, I said something.”

“What did you say?” I wondered.

“Well, I-“ she got interrupted by James’ car horn. He got out of the van, and walked over to the door and opened it for us. Laura helped me out of my wheelchair, and sat me on the seat. She folded my wheelchair and placed it in the back. She climbed on and James started the car.

“Hey mate, why are you in the wheelchair?” James wondered.

“Laura can you tell him?” I whispered to her, she nodded, and then explained it to James. He nodded and said oh, the rest of the car ride was silent.

Once we reached the hotel, Laura helped me on the wheelchair once again, and rolled me inside.

“How do you know so much about wheelchairs?” I asked, curiously.

“I volunteered in a hospital two years ago.” I nodded. She then wheeled me to her room, and placed me in front of her TV, I grabbed the remote from the bed and put on spongebob. I turned around and saw Laura packing. I sighed and kept watching. Laura probably noticed because she turned her head,

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Because you’re beautiful.” (A/N  TFIOS REFERENCE) she blushed and walked over and kissed my cheek.

“I’ll miss you.” I whisper to her,

“I’ll miss you too.” She responds, I lean in and kiss her, she kisses back, and I feel her tears falling on my cheek. I pull away and look at her.

“Why are you crying?” I ask her, worried.

“I don’t want to go.” She sobs. I bring my had to her cheeks and wiped of her tears.

------(A/N I was going to stop here, but since I love Y’all, keep reading.)----------

“Well stop crying because you’re going to make me cry.” She nods and wipes off the remaining tears, but she was too late. Tears already made their way out of my eyes. She giggled and kissed my cheek.

Once she finished packing, it was already 8PM,

“I should go, my bus leaves in an hour.” She says, I nod, and wheel out of the room, entering the hall.

“Goodbye, Brad.”

“Bye, Laur.” I whisper, hoping she could hear me. She closes her door and heads down the hall. I go into my room and close it. I analyze what happened and after a while I realize she can’t leave without me telling her my feelings.

 I look at my watch and notice it’s been 30 minutes since she left. Quickly, I knock on Tris’ door. Out comes a very tired looking Tris. His eyes widened seeing my current state.

“Bloody hell mate, what the heck happened to you?”

“Long story, but now you need to take the van and drive me to the bus stop.” He nods and gets a shirt. We get into the garage, and he asks me what he needs to do. I tell him to help me in and fold the wheelchair.

“Now what?”

“Put the wheelchair in the back, you dumbo.”

“Ouch.”  He said, feigning hurt. I rolled my eyes and told him to hurry up. He got in the front seat and started the car.

“Why are you in a wheelchair?” Tris asked.

“Haven’t you noticed that I was gone for 2 weeks?”

“You were gone? I thought you were just in your room playing video games.”

“Seriously?” I wondered. Tris nodded sheepishly. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to tell him the story.

“What the hell mate?” He screamed, but before I could tell him, we were already at the bus stop.  I looked at my watch and it was 8:50. Tris got my wheelchair and helped me on it. Immediately, I wheeled inside and asked the ticket booth if she knew what bus was going to LA.

She pointed to a bus that just started loading. I thanked her and wheeled myself to the bus and looked for Laura.

“Brad?” I hear a familiar voice say. I turned to the source of the voice.

“Laura?”

“What are you doing here?” she asked, with a grin.

“I just wanted to tell you that-that”

“What is it?”

“That I love you.” I blurted out. Her grin grew wider as tears of joy flowed down her face.

“I love you too.” She said, kissing me right after. We got interrupted by the sound of a man screaming,

“LAST CALL FOR L.A. PASSENGERS!”

“Go, I’ll be okay.” I reassured her. She smiled sadly and walked on. She waved at me through her window and the bus started to move.

“Goodbye Laura.” I said to myself, knowing it’s not the end, it’s the beginning of a whole new chapter.

-------A/N------

That was chapter 22! They finally said I love you! This is not the end at all, not even close. As Brad said, ‘it’s not the end, it’s the beginning of a whole new chapter.’ I know that if you can’t walk, you wouldn’t be this happy but Laura just makes him feel like nothing’s wrong. If you read this, Comment “Bloody hell”

-Kyrstyn <3