Chapter 30: Christmas Day

Stampy's POV

I got woken up harshly by Squid, Amy, Tom, Ash, Finball and Netty jumping onto my body while I was still in bed. Even though none of them are overweight in the slightest I think they must've broken some type of bone in my body. After a bit of fighting agaist them they finally slid back down to the floor and started walking downstairs. The sound of muffled laughter quickly following. I rolled over and pulled the my bedsheets over my head and tried to fall back to sleep. The small stream of light that was slowly cracking though the gap in the curtain stopped me from doing so. 

I sat up and brought my knees up to my chest and glanced over at my old alarm clock. It was almost eleven. I guess it was a bit late to wake up. I swung my legs over the end of the bed and hoped onto the floor. Even after all of the shouting and laughting caused by everybody when they ran into here Delia was sitll curled up in a ball, tucked away in one corner instead of beind right by her bed. Smiling, I walked over to her and sqautted down next to her. She opened her eyes a crack and sat up slowly. Her hair was still messy after sleeping and it was all slightly stuck up in one corner.

After a few seconds of silent a small smile appered on her face and she slolwy stood up. I pulled her into a hug and gently patted her back. Today was going to be one of the best days of her life. It was techinally going to be her first Christmas. Because in the orphange I didn't think they even got presents of any sort, and before she came into the orphanage I don't think that she got the best presents either. Mainly because her parents kind of abused her terribly. She pulled away and started running her hands though her matted hair as fast as she could. Ever since that she came to live with us her hair had gotten ever so slightly thicker, which I guessed was a good thing. 

"Merry Christmas, Delia." I said, pulling her into another hug. 

"Merry Christmas. Do you want to go downstairs?" She asked. I pulled away and nodded, before standing up and slowly making my way downstairs. After waiting for a few seconds Delia followed after me. Wearing a black jumper and red skinny jeans. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and walked into the living room. At once we got around three party poppers thrown into our face. She squealed almost completly silently and backed away. 

When there was no more party poppers flying everywhere I pulled her over to the sofa and pulled the stocking onto her lap. For a moment she didn't even notice it until I shook it slightly. She glanced up at me for a moment before shakily taking one of the smallest presents out. Just by the shape I knew that it was the Wreck This Journal. Ash, Amy, and Tom were all in the kicthen so only Netty, Finball, me and Squid were looking at her. She shaikly tore a strip of paper away and it looked like she flinched. After a few seconds of sitting there she ripped away a small chunk of the paper and pulled the book out. 

"Ah! I love it!" She said, reaching over and hugging me and Squid. We hugged her back and waited to see how she would react to the next present. When she opened all of her presents I looked over at Netty who gave me a 'go and do it' look, and quickly glanced over at the shed. I nodded back at her and sat back in my chair for a moment. After waiting a second I made an excuse that I needed to use the toilet before standing up and creeping outside. Due to some luck the door hardly made a noise so Delia wouldn't hear it. 

The snow was still falling like crazy, almost freezing me to death. I dragged my bare feet though the four inch thick snow and crawled into the shed. The second I closed the door behind me the small baby pug noticed me instatly and started doing small bunny hops around in its tiny shed. I bent down next to him and reached though the small gap in the cage. The pug started licking my fingers just like it did in the early hours of this morning. I felt a bit sad knowing that I wouldn't see this pug again until after we finished dinner, because that was when we were planning to give it to her.