Abusive- Fillie

I'm back with some ideas! Thank you to everyone who commented on the writing prompts! I'll be writing more now that I have some ideas from you guys ❤️

Also; disclaimer; I didn't make the abusive boyfriend in this story Jacob. As much as I genuinely don't like him; I can't see him as (at least not physically) abusive. He is still a kid, no matter how much of a dick he may be. I chose a random name, so don't comment saying it should be Jacob.

And one more thing! This chapter mentions abuse, so if you are being abused by anyone in anyway, please dm me! You need the help you can get, so don't feel alone.

Prompts #25 & 45

"Love, please don't flinch."

"Why are there bruises on your arm?"
**

Millie stares at her reflection, her eyes lightly glistening with tears. She looked terrible. The months of abuse from her boyfriend was taking an obvious toll on her physical appearance.

Her eyes were sunken; contrast to the usual sparkles in them. Her skin was pale, broadcasting the large purple and red marks on her skin.

Millie sighs, and walks to her closet, pulling out the largest sweater she could find. She slips it on, and turns back to the mirror. The bruises on her arms, legs, and collarbone were now hidden.

All that was left was the huge bruise on her heart.

Millie puts on her fake smile; one that was occurring more and more often.

"Mills!" Her older brother, Charlie, shouts from the living room. She sighs, and picks up her backpack, swinging it over her shoulder. She walks out of her room, trying her best to keep her chin up.

She had been trapped in an abusive relationship for a while now; 5 months to be exact. She really wanted to leave her boyfriend, but she was scared. Terrified even.

She was terrified of what people would think. Of what her parents would say. Of what her best friend, Finn, might say. And of course, she was terrified of what her boyfriend might do to her.

So she never revealed what lies beneath the "we're so happy together" and "I love him" lies.

Charlie hands her an apple when she reaches the bottom of the stairs, and Millie mumbles a soft 'thanks'.

She walks out of the front door, and slightly smiles; genuinely for once, when she sees Finn waiting for her. It had become a tradition between the two friends for the person awake first to take the other one to school.

But lately, Finn had been the one to take Millie to school. She wasn't sure whether it was because he started waking up earlier or if she started waking up later. The latter made more sense; seeing as sleep was one of her very limited escapes of her boyfriend.

Finn wasn't very fond of her boyfriend. He hated to discuss him, and his demeanor when he was around was forced and cold. Millie assumed it was because Finn was a protective friend; he had been since they were young. He hated seeing her talk to other boys in the 2nd grade, but that still hasn't changed.

"Morning, love." He greets her, his hands stuffed within his jean pockets. She smiles at him, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Finn had started taking notice in her changes. She wasn't her usual self. She often declined his offers to hang out. She was quiet, and only replied with nods, head shakes, or soft 'yes' or 'no's.

Finn knew Millie too well to let her actions blow over his head. But he decided to give her some time before pouncing on her with questions. If she was going through something, she would tell him when she was ready.