Chapter 28 - Trouble in the Arena

Start from the beginning

"It feels nostalgic" Gon spoke. "We're back together" He smiled. "Yeah" Killua adds in, ".. it's nostalgic" He smiled at the tower behind them.

"Well, who's this lovely lady?" Bisky smiled, elbowing Killua as she circled around Tigress.

"Uh, I-I'm Tigress, Bisky...-san" She replied, nervously. Bisky examined her hair, slowly caressing the ends of it. "You have such soft hair, I'm so jealous!" She pouted, Tigress just smiled hopelessly. "Leave her alone, old hag!" Killua growled.

"What's wrong with you? Wait... she's not your girlfriend, is she?" She dove her face near Killua's, making the two teen blush in embarassment. Tigress hid her face behind her hands and violently shook her head repeatedly. Killua kept denying it but Bisky never agrees.

They headed towards the arena, the sat down, a little bit near to the grounds. Gon has this smile on his face that Killua couldn't resist copying. As Tigress realized how Gon was so important to Killua, she smiled on her own and then continued watching the opening performances to heat up the match.

"I can't believe Zushi's a floor master now! So cool!" Gon exclaimed. "What's a floor master?" Tigress asked. "It's a level of a person when he gets to the top floors. That means he's one of the most powerful person who fought in the arena. And that means Zushi is a strong fighter now" Gon smiled.

"Oh, so you earn money with this?"

"Nah, you won't earn money in the 200th floor and beyond. This is just the point where you fight with all you got, this is the point where people know nen."

"Naruhodo... I should probably fight too. I DO need money" She smiled, the younger boy just nodded.

"How old are you anyways, Gon?"

"I'm 14 now."

"Ah, then that means I'm older than you? I'm 15"

"Ah! I knew it!" He smiled, knowing that Taiga was a year older than them, also. This made him happy, she not just look like her, she also has the same age as his friend.

Before the match started, Netero Isaac performed a speech in front of everyone via video camera. And this surprised the group of friends, so Gon and Killua decided they should visit him. It HAS been a while since they last saw each other.

"Wait, Gon! Killua! Where are you going?" Tigress shouted to the two boys who were just heading upstairs. Gon and Killua looked down at her from below at the same time. "Not just us, you too. Come on, Tiger" Killua taunted and they both continued running up.

"Don't call me that!" She pouted and then caught up to them. They arrived at Netero's front door just to be stopped by a guard. And then Netero appeared on the screen.

"Chairman, there are kids looking for you--" Gon shouted angrily, interrupting the elevaror man. "Let us in already! Netero-san!" Gon smiled at the old man on the screen who paused for a bit and then smiled. This made the old chairman chuckle to himself.

They went in as fast as they can, "I wonder if we can get the ball from him now?" Gon asks while they rode the elevator, it was like his thoughts were heard when  flying ball approached them hard and fast. But Killua and Gon both caught it with one hand.

Tigress just stood here confused as to what's up with balls and Gon. "What's with the balls, dudes?" She asked. "Shut up, Tiger" Killua calmly said. "Pshh, hmph!" She turned away, pouting.

"I see you've gotten better" Netero greeted with a smile. "The chairman..." Tigress gasped. "Ah, you're the girl from the club, huh? Nice to see you two finally moving on to puberty" Netero chuckled.