Chapter 17 - New Power

My hands surrounded the glass of water nearly touching it. I closed my eyes and focused realeasing my aura and intensifying it.

Ren's POV

It's getting dark, I've teach Taiga the basics about nen. The only thing left is to learn her aura type. I don't know what type of person she is so I don't know what type she would be. But knowing very little about her personality might help. Since I spent time with her for the whole day.. and a half.

"Oi! Ren?! What the hell are you doing there?" We both heard a voice of a male, and it turns out to be my goofy cousin, Leo.

"Leo? What are you doing?" I said with a straight face. Kinda like my face everyday. I don't show emotions often.

"Dude, it's the town's fiesta tonight. I'm dating with my girlfriend. And I see that you've got one hot fish over there" He said with eyebrows raising up and down. I looked at Taiga who was now blushing and suddenly became silent.

"No, she's not my girlfriend. I'm just teaching her about nen."

"Nen? Why would such a babe, in that age, would want to be a fighter?" Ask Leo.

"Well, whatever is the reason. That's definitely none of your bussiness. So if you please? We're busy in here, unless you've got some message from the old man? Or Menchi?"

"Actually I do, come here so we can have a private talk." He said waving at me to follow him. We went out of the cave Taiga and I were in. Yes, we were there the whole time.

I followed him and he whispered something in my ear.

"What? She's becoming ridiculous when it comes to me and girls." I said pushing Leo away.

As soon as I was going to go back, I saw Taiga running towards us from inside the cave.

"Ren! Ren! Come on inside!!" She said while panicking. We hurriedly went inside and we were surprised about the results of the water divination. The result was somewhat unexpected yet also expected. But this is different.

Narrator

A few days passed while Ren and Taiga are training together, Gon and Killua are soon to meet along with Kurapika and Leorio.

"Now then, which hand?" Gotoh asked.

Gon turned silent for a while and then pointed his thumb at the back.

"The guy at the back" He said with a smile. The blonde man opened his hand revealing the golden coin Gotoh was holding a second ago. All the butlers clapped their hand and finally, Killua comes out suddenly asking if his friend has arrived yet.

"Killua!" Shouted Gon with a wide grin on his face while Killua was the same seeing his three friends specially Gon.

"Look at your face!"

"Same goes for you too, Killua!" The two laughed at each other with wide smiles on their faces as they finally set their eyes upon each other.

The four set out escaping from the mountain.

"Hey, it's been bugging me. But, where did Taiga go?" Gon asked.

"I'm really worried about her, she walked away after her match with Ula-san." Gon continued and then they noticed Killua blankly staring at the ground.

"Killua?" Gon said with a worried look.

"Did you happen to have met Taiga when you were on your way?"

"No, actually... she went to me, blabbering about saving me and bringing me back."

"Well then where is she?" Leorio asked.