Chapter 23 - She's so Gone

Killua's POV

"Imagine there are two Hisoka's out there." I warned the two and watched then imagine how powerful the Phantom Troupe can be.

After I told Kurapika about our encounters with Taiga, he unexpectedly agreed to let us follow the Troupe and rescue Taiga ourselves.

Knowing Kurapika, he would normally say it's too dangerous for us to pursue the gang and that we're not strong enough to go against them.

But who can blame us? We grew desperate of finding her after seeing That her condition was fine.

"So? What's the plan?" As Leorio's voice pull me back to reality, I explained what we have to do.

Me and Gon continued the spying, we are only pursuing them to know where Taiga is, after we snatch her away, our mission is over.

Revenge is futile if we are weak or they are just stronger than we are. I'm sure Taiga would refuse to come with us, given that she ran away from us last night and probably went back to the troupe.

I saw her wrists, they were sealed with chains and handcuffs, those are only used for torture. That's what made me more worried.

What if she's tortured but it was hidden by some kind of nen? Wait, is that even possible?

"Let's go!" The mission of bringing back Natsume, has begun.

*Flashback*

"Yeah, this is definitely it. The targets are a man and a woman. I'll be leaving, let's meet up" Leorio was the one who got the information, he immediately called us the moment he saw the targets.

A couple sent the video, thanks to the money we earned, we were able to gather information.

*END

In Machi and Nobu's place...

"Do we take him dead? Or alive?"The atmosphere changed into a more tensed feeling around the two as they started talking about the chain user.

The order from Chrollo was to capture the chain user, but the question was... Do they take him alive? Or...

"Fine" Machi said as she flip the coin. It landed on her upper hand and they spoke their answers.

"Heads" - Nobu

"Tails" - Machi

Her hands slowly moved away from the coin...

The answer was...

"The atmosphere changed" Killua whispered, his eyes wide open.

Their cold sweats dropped rapidly.

"D-Did they noticed us?" Leorio whispered.

"No, they haven't" Killua replied back, barely moving any muscles.

"How can you be so sure? Unlike you guys, I can't use zetsu." Leorio's sweat dropped more faster.

"If we did use zetsu, they would notice us. They're watching anything odd around them, they are obsserving their surrounding very carefully."

"Okay, how do we catch them then?" Leorio thinks but Killua disagreed.

"What was that?! We won't know until we try! Taiga's life depends on this mission! You want to save her right?"

"Shut up, they'll notice us.... I do, but fighting them might make it worse, and besides, we're not strong enough." Killua kept his calm composture.

"One time, my father had a job involving the Phantom Troupe. I still remember what he said back then. He said the job was not worth the price, and then he warned us never to get involved to the Troupe again."