Chapter 11 - Which Words Can't Express

Taiga's POV

Huh? Where am I?

I was in a dark place. I knew I said I was afraid of the dark but... this isn't a dark place. I think I rather describe it as... empty.

"Natsume Yukitora..." A voice calling out to me echoed and then light appeared out of nowhere. The voice that I heard, it was from a girl.

"W-Who are you?" I said in a worried tone.

"Do not worry, I am a goddess... the goddess that placed you here in the world that you have wished for."

"The Goddess of Wishes"

"Goddess of Wishes? You mean... you were the one who made those wishes come true?"

"That would be correct. But each wish have one condition"

"And what's mine?"

"For a world that never existed. You must prevent them from knowing that they are just mere drawings and that there is a real world outside theirs"

"That would be fine to me but... will I ever get home?"

"This is what you wished for. But, there is one way for you to return to where you are born. Back to your family and so to your friends"

"Friends? I don't remember having one. I was always alone everywhere. Loneliness was the reason why I wanted to be in here, in this world. I wanted to be here because I wanted to be free, and to have real friends such as Gon and Killua and Kurapika and Leorio too."

"If you only want company, then why did you not just wish for one? Taiga I can only grant one's wish one time. If you ever get home, you can never come back."

"You ask me why? Because the real world is a scary place. This place, doesn't scare me because even though death can come to me anytime. I can have great loyal friends. Friends that despite what they've been through, they can smile and help people"

"Gon, who was left by his father before even seeing him, but he can still smile and help people that are not even his closest friend. Killua, the boy that has been tortured ever since he was a child, can still make friends and laugh with them. Kurapika, who was also left alone without anyone else. His clan wiped out in front of him, but he can still cheer me up whenever I'm down. Leorio who grew up with nothing but a friend whom he also lost, is still looking forward to the future hoping he could save more people without a change nor a catch."

"These people, are the real friends you can count on. The real friends that I want to have. The people that I want to be with. They are the people whom I can trust and be loyal to. I want to be their friend. I want to protect them too. I want to appear as an angel to them, which will guide them through every hardships that come to them."

"Because that's what.... friends do.."

"I understand your agony and loneliness, Natsume."

"The only way to go back home is to... die in this world."

"Die?"

"Yes, you must experience extreme pain before you can go back to the place where your family is"

"Heh, it's like normally dying and going straight to hell. What if I die here in oldness?"

"Then you will never be able to go back in the reality. Your parents won't ever remember having any daughter"

"Heh, I don't believe they even treat me like one. It's as if I'm just an orphan. But no matter, in here I can live and be free

"Well then, I'll be leaving this to you. How you will live your life"