Chapter 16 - At Loss

Taiga's POV

I opened my eyes only to find myself in a dark cave, though there's a bright light at the end of the cave. I tried to sit up but my head aches more whenever I move. What happened to me back then? I can't remember. I was walking while sulking about how Killua treated me that way and then everything want black. Wait, did someone attacked me?

"Good evening, you're awake" I hear a boy's voice and when I turned my head to the right, I saw Ren. The boy I met after I fainted after the final phase.

"Ren? What are you doing here?"

"I was buying equipments in the town market and then I saw you walking around like a slug, I was going to call out your name but then you fainted in front of me again."

"Oh, I'm so sorry for troubling you all the time Ren! I swear I'll make it up to you! I promise!"

"I don't like helping people with a change, don't worry about it I'm fine." He said and then took a sip of his tea, wait is that a tea? I don't know, I can't tell.

"Thank you for taking care of me, Ren. I'll be going now"

"Wait"

"Hm?"

"Try using your powers"

"What? Why?"

"Your dizzyness might be because of your powers. If they work fine, then you'll be okay"

"Okay..." I cleared my throat to sing.

"Hoshi ni yuuki ni kioku ni, kimi no ashiato sagasu.. huh?" Something's wrong, I can't feel anything.

"Just as I thought"

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked him. Ren has really serious expression on his face, always. I guess that's how he is. I haven't really seen him smile.

"Your powers.... they're gone" Huh?

"Huh? Why? Did I do anything wrong? Do I have a sickness or something?!" I said looking at my hands.

"Your opponent in the exams, I saw her mumble something. She might have removed your powers."

"Whaat? Well, what will I do to bring it back?"

"I don't know, but I've seen this happen before. I think only the witch or the person that cursed you will bring it back."

"But..."

"Yeah, I know. It's impossible since she's dead"

"Oh no, now I'm normal again and without my powers, I won't be able to survive here."

"Do you...."

"Huh?"

"Do you want me to open your nen pores?" Nen? Of course!

"Woah! Okay! Thank you, Ren! I owe you big time!!" I said as I smile at him widely. I'm really happy that I met him. I removed my jacket and sat down, he sat down behind me and placed his palm on my back.

"Ready?"

"I'm born ready!" I energetically said with a confident look and an energetic smile.

"Here it goes" After a short period of time, I felt pain and something soft flowing through my whole body. It's soothing but at the same time it hurts. And then after that my whole body is covered with overflowing aura.

"Do you know how to control it?" He asked while I turned to him and shook my head. It was my first time after all. It's weird, that I want to know him better rather than find Killua and Gon and have adventures with them.