CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Atë

After hearing that I was going to destroy HYDRA for good today Steve, Tony, Bucky, Natasha, and Loki offered to come with me. I refused, it was far too dangerous for them to come with me.

Who knows how HYDRA will try to survive. Desperate people do things they otherwise wouldn't.

"Stay safe, I expect see you return by midnight," Eris said, pulling me in for a hug before I left the palace and then the domain.

I then allowed my darkness to take over, returning to my corner to sleep.

The stronghold was silent, not a single sound echoing through its painted concrete halls. It seemed that they had prepared themselves for an attack, apparently learning from all the bases I had destroyed at this point.

But I already knew where they were. An advantage of being able to access and control anything electronic.

Suddenly, I heard a loud hissing sound and from above I felt something misty and wet kiss my features. Then, the sound of something powering up began and I cursed, running down the hallway.

BOOM! A bright light lit up my vision as lightning jumped through the mist, attacking me with its brutal current and heat.

I let out a sound of shock while the smell of ozone filled the air. This was not what I had expected.

The whine began again, pushing me to run faster, electricity may not kill me, but being electrocuted was certainly unpleasant.

"Bastards!" I screamed, pulling out the gun I had brought to avoid coming home covered in blood. I had planned to take my time but now I was pissed.

Bloodlust had me in its' grasp, sharpening my vision and drowning out the sounds around me. Rather than continuing to walk towards the safe room, I teleported inside and opened fire.

Most of HYDRA's remaining members fell swiftly but some put up a fight. I screamed as a knife stabbed into my back, showing the golden blood that lay beneath my skin.

Dropping the man, I had been holding, I growled at the agent behind me, holding the blade dripping in golden blood. Before he could even blink, I snapped his neck.

"Could I please have a chocolate milkshake and some chips?" I asked, speaking to the waitress at a small diner. My wound was pretty much healed now, so I was taking a break. Killing was hungry work.

The young and nervous waiter swiftly left, walking towards the kitchen while her brunette ponytail swished in the air.

Service was fairly speedy and soon I was enjoying a delicious milkshake, ignoring the outside world. Instead, I entered the online realm, putting out feelers in search of Ultron.

It had been over a month since I had last fully connected and found multiple things which concerned me. Multiple technopaths had made distress calls only to disappear completely. From the chats around these calls, I wondered whether Ultron had anything to do with the disappearances.

Satisfied I had located all the distress locations, a map began to form in my mind, an attempt to find where Ultron was. Or at least where his minions were.

Perhaps my blades would taste the blood of more mortals by sundown.

"So, you can stay clean. Maybe now the palace cleaners will stop carving the ends of their mops and brooms into stakes," Hades greeted as I returned to Eris' domain after failing to find Ultron.

"Sorry, what was that? I want you to have my share of the macrons Atë, consider it a gift from your uncle." He groaned at my words, causing a smile to spread across my face.