CHAPTER TWENTY - SIX

Atë

"Ahhh, help me!" Gee what a peaceful way to wake up. Loki groaned beside me, looking towards the sound as I grabbed a sword and ran through the base. "Oh, my fucking god, it's trying to kill me!" The others were also alarmed by Tony's screams, following me as I burst into my training room.

It seemed the billionaire had released the armoured apparition I used to train on this level. I could set it to fight like certain people, helping me kill a certain daimon lord. Pushing him out of the way, I grinned the spiked mace and chain holding apparition in front of me.

"Master," it growled before charging forward, flinging the heavy mace towards my body. To avoid behind killed I dove forward, bending backwards to avoid the mace and sliding towards the armoured beast.

"I see you're still well," I said, holding up my sword, getting lost in the fight.

"Why are there mortals here?" The apparition was sentient, simply the ghost of a great warrior with over one millennia under his belt.

"Zeus' new attempt to punish me." His mace once again came down, forcing me to flip over the apparition's head, driving my blade through his back.

"It was good to see you, till next time," I panted, finally taking my eyes off the armour, instead focusing on my friends and Loki who were standing at the door.

"What was that?"

I shrugged, pulling the suit of armour back to its' place on the wall. "An ancient and great warrior's spirit. Don't come in this room again without me, or he will kill you," I answered.

We had been on level four for three days and we were at our second stronghold. We'd been blessed with clear weather and few daimons, using less used routes to reach our destinations.

This level was potentially lethal, even for gods.

"Why the hell do you need a killer spirit like that?"

"I used it to train when I was hunting down a daimon lord," I replied, moving over to the others and locking the room. "It would be best if you didn't go in that room again. What were you doing there in the first place?"

Stark looked almost sheepish as I directed a question at him, his brown eyes suddenly fascinated by anything other than me.

"Uh, I was curious. Last night I heard noises from this room and wanted to check it out." The warrior did have a habit of talking when he was hibernating. Mainly about his exploits on and off the battlefield, notedly all the women he slept with. He and Stark actually had some things in common.

"Next time you hear strange noises, don't do what you just did. You could have died." Wanting to move on from this sombre moment, I walking to the kitchen, summoning some food before sneaking off to do something.

I needed to find a way to protect the Arc Reactor. Most creatures down here would quickly assume that it was feeding me energy. Another task I had been working on was a way to escape a Daimon Lord's trance. If I was captured, then he could kill my friends and take us immortals as prisoners.

That couldn't happen.

A few hours later we were on the move again, hoping that our transit to the next level would remain smooth and somewhat simple.

I tried to travel the fastest route but, in the process, we got very close to some of the prisoners. Mortal Kings who committed atrocities; you know, the ones who killed their children and fed them to unknowing gods and such.