I Need To Fix This

Ashton's POV:

I was awoken by sudden pain flushing over my body, I jolted up and my hands flew to my bump. As the pain subsided, I let my body relax, I looked over and saw that look was still sound asleep. I didn't want to wake him just yet, not until I know these aren't just false contractions.

Just as my eyes began to close, I got another pain, groaning as I felt the baby shift inside of me. Luke stirred a bit in his sleep, but still didn't wake up, I shook his shoulder roughly.

"Ash what do you want, I'm trying to sleep," he mumbled.

"I think the baby's coming," he shot up and looked at me with wide eyes, "A-are you sure? It could be just Braxton Hicks contractions, right?"

"I know what Braxton Hicks contractions feel like and this is not it, I'm 9 months and this baby wants out," I said, "Help me up." He quickly got up and went around to help me, just as my bare feet hit the cold floor, I got another contraction causing me to scream out.

I heard quick foot steps coming down the hall, moments later Calum and Michael came bursting through the door.

"Is everything alright?" Michael questioned.

"Ashton's in labour, and we need to get to the hospital," Calum and Michael both stood there with their jaws dropped.

"Are you going to just stand there or you going to help me to the car?!" I yelled, obviously frustrated. The two snapped out of their daze and both came rushing over, Calum taking Luke's place and Michael going on the other side of me. Luke rushed out of the room while Michael and Calum helped me down the stairs and to the car. Luke came running out of the house with the diaper bag, pulling on a hoodie.

I was sat in the back seat while Michael was driving and Calum was in the passengers seat, Luke climbed in next to me.

"Did you get the car seat?" I asked through gritted teeth, rubbing my belly, trying to keep myself from wringing his neck.

"Fuck," he cursed out loud. Calum sighed, "I'll get it." he said climbing out of the front seat.

"Calum please hurry," I said on the verge of tears, he smiled sympathetically and nodded before running back inside.

-

Luke's POV:

We got here just about an hour ago, but it took forever for us to finally get into an actual room.

He's now changing into a hospital gown and being checked. Both Calum and Michael are leaned against the wall half asleep, I'm pacing the hall trying to calm my nerves but it isn't doing much good. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out, checking to see who the message was from, Heather.

"I'm sorry about what happened last time we saw each other but do you maybe want to try again, you should come over."

I quickly replied, "I'm done with playing around with you, I thought I made that pretty clear. Leave me the fuck alone or I swear I will call the cops!"

My face paled when I saw the reply, "I know where you are, if you want to keep your family safe I suggest you do what I say and don't think you can call the cops, they can't help you."

"What do you want from me?"

I waited a few minutes, no reply. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking, just then the room door opened and Dr. Robbins walked out, "You can go in now, he's only 4 cm so it's going to be a while." She smiled at the three of us before walking over to the nurses station.

"Hey Luke, we are going to run back to the flat for a little bit to shower and get something to eat, tell Ash we'll be back in a bit," Michael said, before patting my back and walking off along with Calum. Calum looked back and glared at me, I cocked my head in confusion.

I shook off the gesture and stepped in the room to see Ashton laying in a rather large hospital bed, hocked up to many machines and IVs. He motioned for me to sit down on the bed next to him.

"How are you and little Lavanna?" I asked, placing my hand over his bump, he smiled and put his hand over mine.

"Doing pretty well, she's kicking the shit out of me right now."

"She sure is a hyper one isn't she, I swear she's going to be a football player when she gets older," I stated.

"I just wish she wouldn't practice with my bladder," he laughed.

"Michael and Calum went home for a bit so it's just us right now."

He yawned, "I think I'm going to take a nap, but you know I won't get much sleep in with this one," he said pointing to the small lumps forming on his bump.

"What about your contractions?"

"Dr. Robbins gave me some drugs in my IV, they still hurt but they're bearable." I nodded, "Okay well I'll let you get some sleep," I was about to get up before he grabbed my arm, "Wait, can you lay with me?"

"Of course," I replied, laying down next to him as he curled up into my chest. I rubbed small circles on his back, thinking back to that text, "I know where you are, if you want to keep your family safe I suggest you do what I say and don't think you can call the cops, they can't help you. Shivers ran up my spine, I have no idea what I got myself into, all I know is I need to fix this.

-

Ashton's POV:

I felt another contraction strong contraction, whimper and sit up. I looked over to see that Luke wasn't laying next to me, he wasn't even in the room. He probably just went to the cafeteria or something.

I picked up my phone from the side table and tried calling Luke but I got no answer. I then called Michael, he picked up after a few rings "Hey Michael, have you heard from Luke? I fell asleep and when I woke up he wasn't here."

"No I haven't heard from him, he's probably just getting something to eat, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about."

"I know but I would think he would tell me before he left, I tried calling him but he didn't pick up."

"Hmm that's strange, I'll try getting ahold of him, Calum and I are on our way back to the hospital, okay?"

"Okay." I hung up and set my phone back in its original place, turning on the Tv to try to calm my nerves and get my mind off the contractions. I can already tell that the drugs are beginning to wear off.

-

I'm sorry for not updating in so long, I know I say that a lot, but thank you guys for commenting and voting! I will try to update more often but school has started again and I have cheer every day again so it's going to be really hard.

And also can you please check out "Under The Influence" by @poloroidmatt. It's a collab story I wrote with @mpregqueen and I hope you guys like it :)

(Btw this is Unedited)