Chapter 11

"UGHHHHH!" Naruto yelled loudly. He was stuck by trap, upside down in a tree. He couldn't believe he got stuck into a simple rope trap. So much for being the son of the Fourth. Kakashi-sensei was just a few centimeters worth of reach when he got pulled up and left dangling in the tree. 

Its been at least ten minutes, and blood was rushing to his head, making it incredibly painful.He blinked rapidly, and trying to ignore the dizziness that was racking his brain.

"You got into dumb, easy trap too? Damn, both of ya'll are pathetic!" A voice said with a giggle. Naruto frowned as he easily recognized the voice.

"NOT FUNNY SAKU-CHAN!" He screamed. Sakura giggled as she walked closer to where he was dangling.

"Want me to help you get down? We can work together to get those bells, cha!" Sakura said cheerfully. Naruto gave a snarky look.

"I'm the son of the Fourth Hokage and the leader of the ANBU... I think I can handle getting out, Saku-chan." Naruto cockily said. Sakura gave a narrowed glare.

"You and Tomato are so dense." She mumbled as she poofed away. Naruto wondered what she meant, but shook his head. He had to get out of this rope trap, and then he could show his strengths.

____________

Kakashi looked out from his hiding place and smiled. He had to hand it to Sakura, as she already completed the mission. He saw Naruto creeping up towards the kickstands where he kept bentos for three people. 

Letting out a sigh, the Red Eye Copy Ninja gave a chuckle as he watched the boy crack open the lid, and at that moment, Kakashi poofed to where Naruto was and snatched the box, giving a scary look.

"I said no lunch." The silver haired man said in a deadly voice. Naruto slowly put the box down and nodded.

"H-heh, j-just..." Naruto stuttered. Kakashi grabbed the boy and tied him to the wooden post with rope, and Naruto squirmed inside of the tight knot.

"SASUKE! SAKURA!" Kakashi hollered. Almost immediately, the two other Genin appeared on spot, awaiting their senseis dictation.

"Its is noon. As you see here, Naruto tried to eat the bento lunch. As a punishment, he won't get any food. Also, Sakura, I'd like to announce you've completed the survival exercise." 

Sasuke and Naruto looked at Sakura incredulously, searching for a silver bell, but didn't find any. Sakura merely smiled.

"Sakura, explain why you finished the exercise and your teammates did not." Kakashi said with a smile on his face. Clearing her throat, the pink haired girl spoke.

"Because Kakashi-sensei is a Jonin, of course he's going to be better than us! We've only had the very basic training in shuriken and kunai throwing. Its why I came to both of you and asked if you wanted to work together to defeat sensei! Because the main point of this exercise was TEAMWORK! And your the "Hokages son" and the "Second son and heir of the Uchiha Clan". Like I care! We're supposed to work together!" Sakura exclaimed. 

"It really hurt when the two of you said you were better, cha." The two boys immediately felt guilty of their words to Sakura. The mumbled apologies and Sakura just nodded them away.

"Its okay, but we must learn to work together, cha, next time!" She cheered. Kakashi gave a smirk. He had to hand it to his student and daughter.

"Sakura, you can go take a bento box and leave for town, I'll follow shortly. Sasuke may eat, but not share any with Naruto. I'll go with Sakura to town, but I have eyes and ears everywhere.... If I even remotely feel you sharing your lunch with Naruto, oh boy Sasuke, hell's going to pay. When we come back, we'll hold the test for a while longer." Kakashi said as he walked away, Sakura jogging. They left the two boys behind, absolutely terrified for their lives.

Making the hand signs to transport, the girl and the teacher disappeared.

_______

"I knew we would come here, Oto-san." Sakura said with a giggle as she took a bite of beans and rice together. Kakashi leaned his back against the tree the two were sitting in.

"You always seem to know everything, huh? How did you know the point of the test? It takes the average person at least a few hours to figure it out, yet you, my daughter, figured it out in a mere ten minutes." Kakashi said as he poked Sakuras nose. Sakura swatted his hand and grinned.

"Because Rin-neechan told me the story of your bell test when I was eight years old. I remembered the story, and knew because your super lazy, you'd just do the same thing Minato-sensei would. Am I right, or am I right?" The pink haired girl said with a smirk.

"I have to hand it to you, Sakura. You have limitless potential." 

"I know."

Laughing, the two watched Naruto struggling from his prison or ropes and Sasuke quietly eating his bento. They saw Sasuke turn and look at Naruto, whos stomach was obviously growling. Enhancing their ears, they listened into the conversation.  

"Here, take mine, dobe."

"HUH? Don't you remember? Kakashi-sensei is gonna kill us if you do!"

"Damn it, don't make it harder then it is. He's obviously not here and he doesn't really have eyes and ears everywhere. He's just messing with us. Plus, if we're going to work together, I don't want you to be an inconvenience to me if your starving. SO EAT!"

Sasuke raised his chopsticks towards Naruto with a mouthful of rice, and as Naruto was going to take a bite, Kakashi appeared. With a terrifying look on his face, he growled.

"YOU.... PASS!" The two boys were so shaken, so scared, but then so overjoyed, that Sakura burst out laughing... and fell from the tree she and Kakashi were sitting in.

A rustle of birds flocked out, cawing, and a loud thunk was heard. Sasuke and Kakashi looked at each other, and rushed off into the direction, knowing it must be Sakura.

Only Naruto was left, all alone.

"UNTIE ME! SOMEONE UNTIE ME! HELP! HELP ME, PLEASE!"