Chapter 5

SASUKE FLASHBACK: MEETING SAKURA; TOLD IN THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW.

Sasuke sat at the deck of the lake, throwing rocks furiously into the pond. Just five minutes ago, his father compared Sasukes fire ball jutsu to Itachis. 

"You know, Sasuke, Itachi mastered this jutsu perfectly at his first try when he was your age... I can't believe I thought you'd be like him."

"But I'm not Itachi, Oto-san! I'm Sasuke, and Sasuke only!" Sasuke yelled. He then jumped up gave a determined look. Today, he would his fire ball jutsu even better then Itachis! He'll become even better then Itachi!

Making  the hand signs slowly, so each one was correct, Sasuke inhaled and...

A tiny little fire ball shot out of his mouth. Sasuke frowned and tried again. Same result. Again... Nothing. Nada, zip zero no change.

Furiously throwing the pile of skipping rocks into the lake, he yelled a few insults to his father and suddenly a few tears leaked out.

"Why can't I make a perfect, big, super awesome fireball jutsu like nii-san? What is wrong with me?" He cried out loud.

"Ya know, you could take a deeper breath, position yourself by putting your dominant foot out, make your mouth a bit smaller and imagine your making a big, super awesome fire ball!" A voice called out. Sasuke wiped his tears fast and turned around, ready to give his signature glare and quote "Shut up".

Then he saw it was a girl he recognized around town, Sakura Haruno. She had short pink hair, a ribbon in it and green dress with flowers at the bottom. In her hand was a bag that he recognized from Amaguriama, the local sweet shop. His mother told him that her parents were killed about a week ago, and she lived with the Hokage's former genin team. He looked at her sadly, feeling awful. He felt bad of what she must be going through.

"DON'T YOU LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, UCHIHA! I DON'T LIKE LOOKS OF PITY!" She hollered. Sasuke jumped and shook of his sadness for her. Sakuras face was irked and she looked angry... and a hint of sadness was seen in her eyes. He stared at her a while longer.

"WHATCHA LOOKING AT ME FOR, UCHIHA? YOU WANNA BECOME AMAZING AND STRONG? TURN AROUND AND TRY OUT WHAT I ADVISED!" Sakura yelled again. Sasuke nodded and turned around. Calming himself down, he cleared his mind, took a deep breath, put left foot out and made his mouth a little smaller. Weaving the signs again, he took a deep breath,

"Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique!" And a plume of fire, almost as big at the lake itself erupted from his mouth. He stared in shock, then smiled in happiness. Sasuke couldn't wait to show his father. He turned to run, but met Sakura again. She pushed him down and motioned him to sit. As she sat down, she opened the bag and took out a sweet dango stick and offered one to him.

"I don't eat sweets."

"Ah, Uchiha. I see you eat sweet dango sticks secretly after your training sessions, and occasionally a tomato. Don't you lie to me." Sakura said with a laugh. Sasuke sighed and took the dango stick, and ate a ball.

"So why help me?" Sasuke asked after he finished his fifth stick. Sakura chewed quickly, the spoke.

"Uchiha, you were crying over not getting the jutsu formation correct. Is it bad I helped?" Sakura finished as she ate another dango stick. Sasuke turned red with embarrassment.

"I-I WA-WASN'T CR-CRYING! WH-WHAT MAKE Y-YOU TH-THINK THAT?" Sasuke yelled. Sakura fell on her back, laughing. Sasuke turned a light shade of pink hearing her laugh, but Sakura didn't notice. He hung his head down, not wanting to be pathetic around Sakura.

"Sure you were, Its okay to say you were crying, I won't make fun of you, or tell anyone. But Sasuke," Sasuke perked his head up and looked over to his now serious dango friend. She looked at him solemnly , and called him his first name.

"While I watched you, I heard you say you want to be just like Itachi, or impress your father. And you know what... Thats stupid." Sakura declared. She found a skipping rock near and skipped across the lake, reaching the other side. Sasuke furrowed his brow and became a little annoyed at what Sakura told him.

"And why is that stupid? Isn't good to look up to someone?"

"Its good to look up to someone, but its not good to be like them. Thats copying someone else's life and the part about impressing your father, don't do that. The only person that needs to be happy and satisfied of what you do, is you Sasuke!" Sakura said with a cheer. Sasuke looked in wonder at Sakura, taking her words deep into his heart. Sakura looked up at the sky, admiring how amazing the sky looked, going from blue to a soft yellow-orange. Then her eyes widened and she jumped up.

"AHHH, ITS ALMOST SUNDOWN! IF I DON'T GET HOME SOON, RIN-NEECHAN IS SERIOUSLY GOING TO KILL ME!" Sakura yelled, a panicked look on her face. Sasuke let out a small chuckle, and Sakura looked down and smiled. She brushed off her dress and handed him the dango bag. Before turning to run, she helped Sasuke up and gave him a hug, speaking softly into his ear.

"Hey Sasuke, or I should say, Tomato... don't try to impress others. You just be you, okay?" With that, Sakura ran off, promising to meet tomorrow and hollering a bye. Sasuke had a lazy smile on his face, waving a goodbye and watching Sakura run until she was out of his sight.

Then he too, ran home. It was a tad close to sundown when he reached home, and just in time for dinner. He still had his mind on the pink haired girl, and a smile lingered on his face. Washing his hands for the meal, he sat down, mumbling a thanks for the food and began to eat, his mind still on the green eyed girl.

"Sasuke? Sasuke? Earth to Sasuke!" Someone said. Sasuke shook out of his daze and jumped a little, looking at Itachi, who was laughing. Looking the table, he saw his mother giggling and his father with a rare smile on his face.

"What? Whats so funny?" Sasuke asked, confused.

"So, Sasuke, we usually talk about our day around the table, no?" Itachi asked, still laughing. Sasuke nodded, getting annoyed every minute. What was so funny?

"When we looked at you to speak, you didn't seem to know you were... ahem... in the dream world. Mumbling some words and pharses, such as the following, 'Sakura's so pretty, Sakura's so nice, Sakura's so cool' over and over, a smile on your face the whole time." Itachi said as Sasuke turned bright red and stared at his food, blushing.

"My little boy has a crush! Fugaku, do you see this? He likes someone!" His mother, Mikoto squealed. Fugaku let out a small chuckle. The whole family was in a good mood, with Itachi making a few jokes over Sasuke's mumbling. After the dinner was over, and his mother tucked him into bed, Sasuke thought of Sakura again.

She is so pretty, and nice and amazing. Thats no lie....

Maybe I do have a crush on her. No way, more then that! Maybe I love her! Sasuke thought. He drifted off to sleep, dreaming about eating dango with Sakura once again.

_______________________________

Sasuke is so cute here no? I squealed as I wrote this. Comment if you did too!

-Alica Roux