BONUS: The Talk

"You know, I really cannot wait until Sakura and Naruto get into Genin teams." Kushina said as she slid into a chair as she slid down glasses of water, sweet bean candies and dango sticks she bought from Amaguriama, the dango shop downtown. The two five year olds were outside, playing happily by the play set Minato built only a week ago.

"Agreed. It will be quite an adventure." Kakashi said wistfully. The rest of the team were already at the dining table. The Deadlock Squad in a row, Minato and Kushina across from them.

"Just thinking of us as a Genin team really takes me back, ya know?" Obito said with a smile. Everyone went back and thought of Kakashi, who was serious and by the book, now laid back and easy going. Rin, who was nervous and timid, blossoming into a a strong leader and confidant young woman. Obito, who was a  goofball and cocky, achieving his dream once Minato steps down, and strong willed as ever. Kushinas heart swelled. She considered Minatos team as her own children, and she loved them dearly, with all her soul.

"I imagine you didn't just call us here to talk about our past... am I right?" Rin said with a small smile. Minato waved his finger.

"Ever the deducting one, huh?" Rin chuckled. Kushina sighed and spoke, looking at the two young children, who were in the trees, giggling.

"I would like... no we would like you to adopt Sakura." Kushina said. Obito choked on his water, spitting it all over Kakashi, who dropped his sweet stick onto the floor. Rin gaped, her candy hovering in the air. 

Minato burst out laughing.

"Oh, my dear Kami, Kushina, they look so funny..." Minato started out laughing, but slowly died off, seeing his wives narrowed eyes.

"Stop laughing! This is quite a moment for your underlings!" Kushina spat, and Minato sweated profusely, apologizing.

"You... you want us to adopt Sakura-chan?" Rin whispered. Kushina nodded slowly.

"All of us?" Obito mumbled, in a daze. Minato smiled with a yes.

"Why?" Kakashi asked.

"I know she will be a prodigy in the medical field, and Rin can train her in Medical Jutsu. She will be immensely strong, and Obito will be of so much use of that. She lost her parents and is emotionaly at a breaking point, and Kakashi will help her ou-," Minato was cut of by Kakashi, who stood up, turning around.

"But thats our skills. That makes us her senseis, not her older brother, sister, and... father." Kakashi whispered. Kushina got up and looked once again at the pink haired girl, who was hanging from the tree, making her son laugh.

"Because you all love her. That is the only reason why. I see the love in your eyes when she jumps up and down, when she runs home from school, when she is hurt, when she laughs. I could literally go on and on of how much you all love Sakura Haruno... so please... adopt her." Kushina said, tears streaming down her face. Obito and Rin nodded, smiling at the thought of the new member of the team and family. Kakashi stayed still.

"No." Kakashi said.

"NO? I WANT TO ADOPT HER! RIN WANTS TO ADOPT HER! WHY NOT?" Obito yelled, jumping from his chair. Rin got up as well, ferociousness visible on her face.

"Obito is right! What are you talking about, Kakashi?" Rin sharply contrasted, gritting her teeth.

Kakashi still didn't turn around, staring at the wall, hiding his face.

"Because I won't be a good father to her. I'm sullen and rude and cold. A father is not like that. I can't adopt Sakura." Kakashi mumbled.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL. SURE ALL THAT IS TRUE, BUT A KID WON'T CARE. A KID JUST WANTS SOMEONE TO LOVE THEM, WHICH I KNOW YOU DO! YOU, OUT OF ME AND RIN AND MINATO-SENSEI AND KUSHINA-SAN SHOULD KNOW!" Obito yelled, turning Kakashi around, his face filled with anger, but all of it went away once he saw his best friends face.

It was streaked with tears.

Rin gasped and ran, giving a a big hug. Obito gave a hug as well. Kakashi accepted it, but didn't embrace them back. Then he spoke.

"I-I'm scared." He said as his voice cracked. "What if the same thing happens to me as it happened to my dad? What if you guys are gone, and I commit suicide, making her even more scarred, making her feel even more pain.... I can't accept that... I could do that to her." Kakashi said as he cried even more. His teammates held him tighter, voicing their kindness to him.

Minato spoke as walked over to his former team.

"Kakashi." He spoke. Kakashi looked up, a miserable mess that did.

"Kakashi Hatake. I swear to god, I will make sure nothing, nothing will happen to you, Rin and Obito. If anything did, I couldn't live with myself, your like my own kids... But I know you love your daughter. Even if she isn't really yours, you love her and she loves you. So adopt her." Minato said, his eyes giving a soft look.

Kakashi took a deep breath, then nodded. "Okay then." 

With that, the whole Team Minato burst into tears, laughing and crying. Kushina joined in as well. It was joyous moment, that a little girl who was void of love was going to be showered by it.

As soon as the merry festival was over, Kushina smiled.

"Should we tell Sakura she really is going to have a nee-chan, nii-chan and oto-san?" She said with a mischievous smile. The group nodded, and she walked over to the back door, sliding it open.

"Naruto! Sakura! Come over! Lunch is ready!" Kushina yelled. She watched the two jump from the big oak tree, and run over to the house.

The two were running in... not knowing of the big surprises that were to arrive.