Chapter Nine

Silently waiting out by the corridor, Sakura woke up at a nice time of 4:25 AM, she creept down the stairs of Deadlock House, smirking. She saw Obito sprawled over the breakfast table, snoring and a light drool out of his mouth, a blanket put over him, obviously by Rin. Unorganized stacks of papers and books surrounded him towering to almost three feet, because he was being trained to become the next Hokage.

Peeking over to the living room, she saw Rin, who was sleeping on a pile of books, as she was training further into the medical field. Scrolls and reports were piled in neat piles, a pencil visible by her left ear, a paintbrush by the right.

Sakura rolled her eyes, because she also knew Kakashi's secret. He was going to starve the four, then make them fight him on an empty stomach, letting him have an upper hand. As if she would believe that. Honestly, who does that to a freshie Genin? Cruel. But a feeling that her other teammates wouldn't even fathom of this possibility lingered in her mind as she ate her breakfast silently, so she packed two bentos, put it into her former Academy satchel and headed out.

Jumping on the rooftops effortlessly, she made her way to Training Grounds 44, and skidded to a stop under a large oak tree. The sun was hinting its rise, a glowing orange gleaming by the horizon. It was relatively quiet, not even the birds were awake... yet.

"UGH, OTO-SAN!" She yelled to no one in particular. "DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO WAKE US UP THIS EARLY? I'D RATHER SLEEP BUT WELL, SINCE YOUR MY JONIN LEADER, I HAVE TO FOLLOW YOUR DUMB RULES! I ALREADY KNOW HOW THIS'LL PLAY OUT ANYWAYS." Sakura yelled, panting as she finished ranting.

For the next thirty minutes, Sakura stared at the ever growing sky that silently made its daybreak.

"Hmm, your already here Pinky? Strange. I thought I'd get here first." Sakura smiled as her best friend, Sasuke Uchiha came up to her, and sat down next to her.

"Early bird always gets the worm, shouldn't you know that now, Tomato?" Sakura said as she slumped into the ground. Sasuke poked her cheek, to which she swatted away. 

"No poking my cheek, mister." Sakura pouted, making Sasuke laugh. Then his stomach rumbled. Sakura shot up and gave a mischievous look, to which Sasuke blushed and quickly looked away at.

"I see, didn't eat food, did you, Tomato?" Sakura said as she poked his stomach, making Sasuke crawl up into a ball.

"Well, Kakashi-sensei told us not to, so..." Sasuke started off but when he saw saw Sakura tilting her head, he stopped.

"Hmm, I thought you'd be smarter then that."

"HEY, I AM SMART!"

"Well, I thought you'd know my father better then that, Tomato."

"I d- Huh?"

"You do know that he is tricking you, right?"

"Wh-what?"

"Oto-san is waking us up early and not making us having any breakfast will make us significantly weaker. I actually thought you would eat. Guess the Uchiha's aren't all cracked up to what they are, hmm?" Sakura said as she laid n the ground, playing with the grass. Sasuke flushed red in embarrassment.

"Well..." Now what would he do? He had no food, no money, nothing. And now he would be weak to fight a Jonin. Hitting his head with his hand, he mentally cursed himself.

"But... I came prepared." Sakura called out, making Sasuke look up in confusion. Sighing, she reached into her satchel and pulled out a bento box and gave it to him. Sasuke looked at it, and pointed to himself.

"Well who else would it be for?" Sakura said as she handed chopsticks. Sasuke pulled off the top and ravenously began to eat. Sakura rolled to her side, laughing.

"What is it?"  Sasuke mumbled.

"Your eating so fast, like you haven't eaten days."

"I haven't"

"Liar, you ate out with Itachi at Ichirakus."

"Got me there."

"HEY THERE GUYS! HEY, TEME WHY YOU EATING?" A voice called out. Sasuke groaned, and Sakura shot up, grinning, her other best friend arriving.

"Ramen!"

"Saku-chan!" Naruto yelled as he ran over. Sakura leaned into her bag and pulled out a bento box.

"Huh, whats that?"

"Bento, Ramen."

"But, but we aren't supposed to eat. Kakashi-niichan said so."

"Just eat."

With that, they two boys finished their bentos, returning them back to Sakura, who packed them back into her satchel.

"Gotta pee, be right back!" Naruto hollered as he ran into the forest. Sakura laughed, and Sasuke frowned.

God, why is she like this? Why couldn't she just make bento for me?  Why did Naruto have to come? Why can't she like me? Why, why, why? Sasuke thought angrily. Then he felt a weight on his shoulder. Thinking it was Naruto back from his bathroom break, he made the motion to push him off, but stop at he looked down, and he bit his lip. She looks really pretty.

Sakura was on his shoulder, dead asleep. Hair fell in her face, and he made the motion to brush it off. Then he closed his eyes and rested his head on her head.

Naruto came back a few moments later, and saw his number one ship sleeping together. He smiled, then went to sleep on Sakuras legs.

A few hours later, Kakashi arrived to the scene, and smiled at the sight of his new team. Making his hands into a picture style, he spoke. 

"Hmm, this would make a good picture."

________

Hope you like it!

-Alica Roux