36

A few days later, nowhere close to my boston apartment, I had a hell of an ear tugging coming from caroline.

After i had tucked my tail home, mama made me sit down, after a good ear tugging for touching the bottles and drinking, explaining everything.

between me finding Brantley with Jana, and pressured to get a new song out, I was done.

I was Lucky Elise and Jason were taking a trip or Jason already would be down in georgia whipping Brantley's ass.

Asked my mama to have my daddy check my door in boston, begged her not to say anything about the breakup or the drinking, because i slammed my bedroom door and it wasn't closing right.

and so here i sat on my mama's back porch, with a glass of whiskey I had managed to grab, with a pen between my teeth.

I had started a new song after the first glass of whiskey I had, and the whisky I had, wasn't helping like I wanted it to, Had my Cigarettes taken away from me because I had almost had a pack in one day.

"Carter Mae Sullivan!"Mama made me spit out the whiskey I had in my mouth, "Why is there some missing!"

"I love you..."I grinned, earning me a smack upside the head as she sat down next to me, snatching the whiskey out of my hand.

"Ass."I muttered, earring another smack upside the head with a growl.

"Do not talk to your Mama like that Carter Mae I raised you better than that."Mama warned, and i nodded, before going back to the song.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, as a deer ran across the woods, and Mama Smiled slightly, "You wanna hear it?"

"Sure baby girl."Mama nodded, before I put the pen down and looked down at the lyrics.

"Hey Mama how do you get a red wine stain
outta your favorite dress
black mascara off a pillow case
curse a-one too many headache

Mama, can I stay and maybe stay few days
This weekend or next?
And, hey, mama how do you get a red wine stain
outta your favorite dress

How does He sleep at night?
Mama, the nerve of this guy
To leave me so easy, am I gonna be alright?
I wanna Kick myself for fallin' so hard
Mama can you die from a broken heart

Can you ask Daddy, if he's got the time
To come look at my front door?
it got slammed last night
And now it don't close right
And just promise that you don't tell him everything
keep that pistol in the drawer
Mama, please don't say i'm going to laugh about this someday
you didn't see the way he drove away

How does he sleep at night
Mama the nerve of this guy
To leave me so easy
Am I gonna be Alright?
I wanna kick myself for fallin so hard
Mama can you die from a Broken heart?
ooh broken heart

Can your knees give out from prayin so hard? (prayin' so hard)

Can you go blind from cryin' in the dark? (cryin in the dark)

Was it ever really real if he doesn't feel like I feel?

How does he sleep at night
Mama the Nerve of this guy
To leave me so easy, am I gonna be alright?
How does he sleep at night
Mama the Nerve is this guy
To Leave me so easy am i gonna be alright?
I wanna kick myself for fallin' so hard
Mama can you die from a broken heart?

A Broken heart."

"I've gotta put a few finishing touches on It before I go to nashville and record it."I explain, before I'm wrapped into a tight hug.

"Carter, I have a feeling that Jana did all of this. Caroline called me saying she'd done this in past years when they weren't even together."Mama explained, and I shook my head.

"l don't even know why I started dating again."

———————

I love having writing slumps

always fun