05

C a r t e r

The next morning, I'm bombarded with text messages from Kerri, Kelsea, Carrie, and Caroline asking where I am.

I tell them I'm fine, Only to get the same text message.

Where the hell am I.

Well, I'm in my apartment back in Boston now watching the morning news, as they show me last night at the CMA's, calling the local girl gone big.

But of course I won't tell my friends that.

I love my friends to death, I really do, but to be honest, it's better if you have some alone time sometimes.

And that's exactly what I need right now.

Alone time.

The bruise on my cheek from last night swelled up pretty good, so I'm tryin everything I can to get the swelling down, but so far, none of it's worked.

As I get up to grab my laptop, my phone starts ringing with Caroline's number, and I sigh, before finally deciding to answer it.

"Hello?"I Ask, and Caroline let's out a sigh of relief.

"Carter Mae Sullivan! Where in gods name are you?!"Caroline yells, and I hold back my laughter.

"I went back to Boston late last night, some stuff happened and I left."I shrug, and I hear Luke laughing in the background, at what I'm presuming is Caroline.

"Why is Luke laughing?"I Ask, and the laughing comes closer.

"Cause Caroline used your full name like your one of our kids."Luke chuckles, before the chuckling fades, and Caroline huffs.

"Kerri is going to kill you for not telling her you know that?"She asks, and I grab my laptop.

"Did John leave the hotel yet?"I Ask, And she clears her throat.

"What do you mean?"She Asks And I chuckle bitterly a bit.

"I told him we were done, and I wasn't paying for the hotel, and then I left for Boston, he fucked up bad last night, and I won't tell anyone what he did, because if it got back to Brantley—"I'm cut off by Caroline.

"You met Brantley?!"She exclaims and I hum in response.

"Yeah, I went out for a smoke last night and he joined me, we started talking, and then when I was walking home, he wouldn't accept no for an answer for a ride, so I finally gave in, and we chatted for a bit, as we went back to the hotel."I Explain And I hear her laugh deviously.

"So that's why the little bugger asked for your number this morning."She chuckles, and I walk into the bathroom, staring to put makeup over my bruise.

"Once I finish changing we can FaceTime if you want, and give him my number Caroline please!"I offer and she hums in response.

"See ya in a few girly."She approved, and I hum I response.

"See ya."

HEYYY

OK SO BRANTLEY IS GOING TO BE IN MANSFIELD MA NEXT MONTH AND I REALLY WANNA GO, AND IM TRYING TO GET MY MOM TO TAKE ME

AND SHE SAID NO

cause I made a club softball team and that's a shit ton of money

BUT I WANNA SEE BRANTLEY.