14

c a r t e r

Thunderstorms.

Fucking kill me.

It's been a few days since my surgery, and I'm out of the hospital.

And Brantley's staying with me at my mothers house for the next few days.

I wince as lighting strikes, and Brantley rubs my back, as I bury my head deeper into his chest..

"Your Alright Darlin', it's a few miles out..."He kisses the top of my head, before I turn to face the window.

Not the smartest idea.

I nearly jump out of Brantley's arms as the next clap of thunder rolls around.

"Watch the lighting for a minute carter.."Brantley whispers, and I do as he says, with my eyes trained on the window, and Lightning scatters across the sky.

We stay like this for a few minutes, before Brantley breaks the silence...

"There's nothin' to be afraid of Darlin'."Brantley reassures me, and I nod.

As if on cue, a loud clap of thunder scares the living shit out of me, and I jump, with a small scream escaping my lips..

"Shh..."Brantley pulls me back into his arms, and starts humming a tune, which I quickly realize is Read Me My Rights.

"Really?"I yawn cocking an eyebrow and he chuckles.

"I thought you liked that song."He argues teasingly And I nod.

"I just didn't think you'd pick that song to hum to."I laugh, and Brantley shakes his head.

We sit in a comfortable silence for about ten minutes before I decide to break it.

"Have you appreciated how much Reba McEntires Voice is awesome?"I Ask and Brantley cocks an eyebrow.

"We'll have this conversation in the morning, your tired, and you need sleep."He try's to get me to go to sleep, and I glare at him.

"Fuck sleep."I mutter and Brantley lets out a laugh, "I heard that."

"Good."

"Hey Carter?"Brantley asks and I hum in response..

"I leave for my farm in Bama in a few days, i wanted to know if you wanted to come.."He offers, and a sleepy smile.

"Yeah.."I yawn, nodding, "I'd love to, but are you sure?"

"I'm sure carter.."he reassures me, and I nod smiling, "I'll come with you."

"Thank you!"He starts kissing all over my face, and I scrunch up My face laughing..

Maybe I am falling for my best friend..