37 - hennessy

song mood for this chapter-
selfish - pnb rock

jack's pov

"mmmmm fuck!"

my eyes dart to tyler, who's drooling over his expensive filet mignon.

"i fucking love meat!" he moans and my eyes widen.

"we know buddy, we know." sam says as he takes a sip of champagne.

"thank you jamie and her rich white family!" tyler claps as he grabs the bottle of hennessy.

"jack look, her dress is so pretty!" mia squeezes my hand as she gushes at the bride, causing me to smile.

the reception is at some nice ass hotel that jamie's dad apparently owns. we're in one of the luxuriously decorated venue rooms, the theme being all white.

"can i get everyone's attention?"

we all turn our heads to jamie's dad, mr. hollingsworth, who's speaking at his table in the center of the room.

"first off, i want to thank you all for taking time to celebrate this special day for stass and i," he looks over to his bride, "anastasia, i want to thank you for showing me what love is. i've never been so sure about someone in my life and i'm so grateful to be able to call you my person, as i'm yours. i love you with all my heart, baby— or should i call you mrs. hollingsworth?"

a few people start to chuckle at how cheesy he is. i glance over at mia and she has a huge smile plastered on her face, staring at them in adoration.

"this is his 6th wife." jamie coughs nexts to me and i laugh.

"tea." camden covers his mouth.

"i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, stass. we're gonna be better at 70, baby!" mr. hollingsworth finishes his little speech and kisses his wife.

they both start slow dancing as the lights dim and other couples join them, including sam and jamie.

i notice that mia's eyes are glossy and she wipes away at the inner corners of her eyes. i should probably mention that mia is quite tipsy at the moment as well.

"are you crying?!" i tease her.

"shut up! his speech was so cute. and her dress is so pretty!" she pouts.

"you said that already, gummy bear..." i laugh and squeeze her leg, "that's gonna be us one day." i whisper in her ear, referring to the newly weds.

her eyes light up and she lets out a small gasp, frowning, "jack, you're gonna make me cry. like, cry cry."

"don't." i chuckle. "come dance with me."

i reach out my hand and she takes it. i lead us to the corridors outside of the venue and i turn to face her.

"why'd you take me out here?" she asks.

"i dunno. it's quieter. and i don't like crowded places, i've told you this before." i state as i rest my hands on her waist.