29 - hookers

song mood for this chapter-
feels like summer - childish gambino

mia's pov

one month later

i fix myself a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch and put it on the coffee table before hopping onto the couch.

jamie and sam are smoking in the corner while camden and tyler are playing grand theft auto on the xbox.

"dude, you're driving the wrong way, the mission is that way." camden points.

"one second, fatass!" tyler squints at the screen, "i'm tryna run over these hookers."

"your mom's a hooker." camden snorts and tyler glares over at him.

"your mom left you." tyler says. camden gasps and i try my hardest not to laugh.

"OUT OF POCKET!" camden screams and punches tyler's arm.

"you guys are so damn loud. i could hear you in the shower." jack says as he comes out of the hallway.

he jumps on the couch next to me and tosses his hair to the side, which causes water to fling onto my face. he grabs my bowl of cereal and eats it.

"are you trying to be annoying?" i scoff and snatch my cereal back.

"yeah, stop flirting jack." sam jokes.

jack rolls his eyes and flips him off.

"are you guys back together yet?" jamie asks.

"no." i shake my head.

"ugh! you heteros are making me upsetero!" tyler screams.

"forreal, can y'all just kiss and make up? we all know you guys are endgame." camden says.

i choke on my cereal and look at jack who shrugs.

"well- get to it!" camden claps and puckers his lips.

"speaking of relationships, guess who finessed themselves a baby daddy?" tyler says, "me, as in myself, as in i! ahueh."

"tyler? in a relationship? never thought i'd live to see this day." sam teases.

"i've never thought you'd live to see a lot of things, samuel." tyler snaps as he points to the fat blunt in his hand.

i burst out laughing and slap tyler's arm.

"who's the lucky guy?" jack asks, "is it camden?"

"ew! no. i bagged me a white guy," tyler pauses, "wow. i really am a white mans whore."

camden blinks at tyler then gets up. "i'm hungry. anyone down for chipotle?"

they all mutter 'no', except for jack.

"i could grab a bite. let's go." jack grabs his keys on the table then looks at me, "you want anything?"

i shake my head and they leave. it's dead silent until tyler addresses the elephant in the room.

"was it just me or did you guys sense the sexual tension between jack and mia, too?"