7 - whipped

song mood for this chapter-
c u girl - steve lacy

jack's pov

i dribble the ball twice and throw it into the hoop. it hits the rim and bounces back at my feet and i kick it across the court.

"i actually feel bad for her! and i never feel bad for anyone! let alone a girl." i angrily throw another ball into the hoop.

i'm currently ranting to camden and sam about my mia situation.

they've been my best friends since high school and the only people i've ever taken opinions from.

"you're getting soft man." sam says.

"she made me feel stupid! like i couldn't even say anything back." i ignore him.

"those are called feelings, jack." camden throws a towel over his shoulder.

"shut up." i reply.

"i personally think you like her." camden says.

"hell nah, commitment only holds you down." sam shakes his head.

"i don't like her." i say.

"good." sam says.

"that's such a lie. you've brought her up more times the past two weeks then you've ever brought up any one else." camden snaps.

"what are you talking about?"

"you made me take off my shoes before coming in your apartment because 'mia doesn't like that'. and you also made extra sure that i put the toilet seat down after i used it."

"well yeah, i respect my roommate." i say.

"how about that one time when you said me and sam couldn't eat the last of the hot cheetos cause 'you wanted to save them for mia'?"

"oh yeah, i remember that. you're whipped, gilinsky." sam turns to me.

"okay, what if i do like her? i.. i can't tell her that i do." i play with the basketball in my hands.

"what's holding you back?" camden asks.

"sophia is." i sigh.

"what the fuck? that was so long ago." sam says.

"i know, i know, and i'm over her! it's just... i don't want what happened with sophia to happen again with mia."

"jack... you should tell mia that." camden says.

"you think so?"

"yeah. i know she'll understand."

*

i rush back to the apartment and walk in. i turn on the kitchen lights and hear nothing but silence.

she's not here.

i realize it's 11pm and i start to panic. where the fuck could she be? i pull out my phone to text her.

jack
wya? are u ok?

babycakes
i'm with a friend