28 - come back to earth

song mood for this chapter-
come back to earth - mac miller

rest easy mac miller, you were the flyest motherfucker

jack's pov

"why are you crying, mia?"

i don't get a response and i furrow my eyebrows.

"mia, what's wrong?" i ask more forcefully.

i take a step closer causing her to quickly stand up from the curb.

"i- i can't-" mia stutters. she glances at camden and avoids eye contact with me, "i don't want to talk to you right now, jack." her voice slightly squeaks at the end.

my face relaxes and i can hear my heart pounding. what the hell did i do?

"what do you mean?" i stammer. i reach forward to place my hand on her arm but she steps away before i can touch her.

"i can't." she says barely audible before she turns and walks down the sidewalk by herself.

i walk after her but sam stops me.

"give her some space, g." he says, and i scoff.

"no." i quicken my pace but camden grips my wrist.

"let her go, dude. trust me."

i force myself to listen to them and sit down.

"can you guys tell me what the fuck is going on?" i demand.

i can recall multiple times where mia has been angry, but i've rarely ever seen her be sad. let alone this sad. shit, i've never even seen her cry, and it's eating me alive because i know she's crying over me.

"we told her what happened with you and sophia." camden says. i clench my jaw and tense up.

she probably thinks i'm the worst person ever.

"why would you tell her?! i didn't want to tell her because i knew this would happen- oh my god she probably fucking hates me-"

"she deserved to know, jack." camden scolds me. "how do you think she felt when you started acting all weird when your ex pulled up out of no where?"

i swallow the lump in my throat. camden's right. she deserved to know. we sit there in silence for a while as i get lost in my thoughts.

i notice the sun is going down rather quickly and i sigh.

"i'm gonna go find her. she couldn't have went that far." i get up to go back inside to grab my dad's car keys.

i successfully dodge all of my family members and make my way back to the front door, only to get stopped by sophia.

"i hope you two work it out." she smirks. "i mean it."

i stare at her blankly.

"fuck you." i spit.

i brush past her through the front door and i hear her scoff.