Chapter 83

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Elizabeth Lail as Andrea McKay

Valorie Curry as Anna Matthews

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

Keiynan Lonsdale as Vincent Brown

Vanessa's POV

Today is Friday which means it's the end of my week's classes which means I don't have to be at campus for the next two days which means I was lucky enough not to cross paths with Nathan. I let myself take a big breath as a reward. I made it. I was afraid he would be popping up everywhere I go really and that it would be extremely difficult to avoid him. I totally freaked out when I saw him and Joseph entering the coffee shop on Tuesday. I was astonished by how fast I ran to the toilet. I had no idea I could do that considering I rarely run or exercise. Okay, not rarely. I never run or exercise in general. It worked though. Nathan didn't see me and all I had to do was stay put until Alice confirmed to me that it was safe out there and I could get out of my hiding spot. See? It wasn't that difficult, Vanessa! We don't share any common classes anymore, we are interested in different things and our common friends have things to do on their own, so a group meeting is not in our top priorities right now. Thank God! I could say that I have to study or that I am busy with the paper but I hate lying. And I am actually a pretty bad liar. I'd rather not lie and postpone the meeting instead.

"Hey girl! I am so sorry for being late!" Andrea approaches me with a big smile. She is wearing a yellow sleeveless dress with an A line skirt and her hair is in a tight braid. Andrea is always cute and in style.

"It's okay." I smile back at her and go for a hug.

"It's just um, I got confused! I didn't remember if we had arranged to meet here or by the fountain at the west side of the campus. I mean here is closer to the paper but Vincent and I meet there all the time since it is near the building where the majority of his classes take place. Aaaaah Vanessa!" She sighs and rests her head on my shoulder. "I don't know what I am going to do with him! He has driven me crazy. You see? I went to the other side of the campus just because my mind was searching for him and without realizing it, I found myself over there, but you on the other hand were nowhere to be found!"

"Don't worry about it, Andrea! I didn't wait for long." I reassure her with a grin. Well, it's been more than half an hour but it could have been worse. I was waiting for Andrea, seeing the crowd passing by for a while but I don't want to make her feel guilty. She already apologized. Plus, it wasn't that bad. It is a good warm sunny day and I put on my headphones, so music made time pass pleasantly.

"You're such a sweetheart!" She pecks my cheek. "Like seriously, you are the sweetest of them all! I am really sorry, I can't explain what Vincent has done to me. Honestly! And we have been dating for almost four months. You could think that I would have gotten used to it by now. Anyway, I got coffee as you see, do you want to stop by to get one for you as well?" She asks before she takes a sip from the cup she is holding.

"No, I am okay! Thank you." Me and coffee still don't get along that well.

"Okay, I also got some cookies from Chloe. God, that girl is a genius! She makes the best cookies! And have you tried her chocolate pie? Vincent brings me some everytime he comes to my place. I am going to get so fat. To be honest I adore it and of course I adore him too, but I do confess I give it to my neighbour. He has two little girls who happen to adore chocolate pie as well." Andrea giggles. "If only Vincent knew! I mean, I love him for always coming with full hands, it is a really nice gesture but I got to take care of my body! I hate diets. You've seen how difficult it is for Anna to be loyal to her meals' schedule. She always eats salads and fruits." I nod as Andrea continues. "I can tell it was worth it obviously, she has lost some pounds for sure and she looks amazing. Vincent has noticed it too. But you know what? Anna has the self control needed to follow a diet."