Chapter 58

Vanessa's POV

Hello 2017 and hello SCU! Classes are about to start pretty soon so the majority of the students is already back at campus. Including me and Alice. We both came this morning and I can say I have missed her a lot. Alice has evolved to be a very close friend of mine, almost taking Emma's place now that she is away. Since both journalism and linguistics' departments are located at the same building and we both have to pass by, we walk over there together while catching up.

"Can you believe that our second semester is about to start?" I tell Alice enthusiastically raising my hands up in the air. She is wearing a dark blue coat and underneath it a warm white sweater with blue jeans and tall boots with a small thick heel. Her hair is in its natural state and she has put on a light makeup, using only mascara and eyeliner.

"Nooooo! I just want holidays to come back! Why do they have to be over so soon?" Alice complains like a toddler and I think it's adorable.

"Well, look at the bright side of it. We are back at being roommates and we can stay up all night watching our favourite shows!" I wink at her. "There's a tiny problem though since all of them are on hiatus now, so maybe we should just start watching a new one?" I propose.

"Of course we should start a new one! That's what we have to do when a show is on break." Alice says firmly like being the USA president.

"It's settled then! Woah, it's getting really cold, isn't it?" I button my coat all the way up. Thank God I put on my red one. It's the warmest of them all. It helps that I am also wearing my black scarf, I have it since forever and it always does its job keeping me warm as well. I forgot my beanie but my hair is straight and down so it covers my ears at least. "I think I heard something on the news about snowing. That would be so amazing! It rarely snows in Delaware! White Christmas almost never happens. It's a shame. I love snow, it is so romantic!"

"Vanessa, you're such a romance trash!" Alice teases me. "I know you're imagining yourself now with your prince charming, sitting on the snow."

"I wouldn't sit on the snow because even if I love it, I hate the cold and guess what would happen to my butt if I did that!" I giggle. "But it is romantic, you have to admit it! Did you have any White Christmases so far?"

"Many, because as you know I've been living in London, but I had some in other cities like Prague." Alice says with a smile and I see her eyes become dreamy. I guess she's remembering her time in Europe.

"It's almost annoying, you know, the fact that you have been almost everywhere!" I say shaking my head. "You will show me pictures when we get back to the dorms. How was your Christmas this year? Did you have a good time with your dad?"

"I really enjoyed my Christmas. Ren came, who I missed so much. My dad cooked my mum's turkey recipe and it was delicious. Thankfully he took some days off due to Christmas and New Year, so he was home." Alice says enthusiastically and her face is lit. "What about yours?"

"That sounds wonderful!" I smile at her. I know it means a lot that her dad did his best to stay away from his work and that they had some family time just the two of them. Alice was really sad on Thanksgiving when he had to cancel their plans. Thankfully, we all had a good time at Robin's. "Was it Ren's first Christmas in the USA? I had a good time as well, the whole family gathered for the holidays and I have missed everyone so it was really nice seeing them all and just spending time together."

"I am so happy to hear that! Yes, but Ren has been in USA again. Actually he was here last summer and we went together in Cali for vacations. Now that I am thinking about it, he was the reason that I've met Joseph that night." Alice ponders as she speaks.