Chapter 17

Note:

Additional Cast:

Thomas Gibson as Stephen Reynolds

Emily Bett Rickards as Emma Taylor

Alice's POV

"So that's a sum up of my week here in college dad" I say enthusiastically on the phone, while I am pacing back and forth in my room. I've been talking with my dad for about half an hour on the phone, since I haven't caught up with him for a week due to his job. He was in LA investigating a case, so his timetable wasn't normal, and he just got back in DC.

I told him pretty much everything about last week except the whole library event. It's over now and since all ended well, he doesn't have to know anything about this unfortunate incident. Plus, I try to bury it in my memory and I don't want to remember it, by talking about it.

"So how was the case?" I ask him to change the subject.

"It was a difficult one, because we didn't have too much evidence, but at the end we figured it out." I can hear he is very pleased. Dad never shares many details about his cases, since they are too cruel and it's a form of father protection.

"LA is minus one criminal thanks to my super dad and his super team. I am so proud." I exclaim and he chuckles a bit.

"Thank you, sweetheart! So, what's up for you tonight? You and Vanessa have any plans?" he asks me casually, but I am sure his interrogation skills are activated.

I don't want to lie, but still it won't be easy for him to know that I am going to a frat party full of boys and drinks. He has witnessed too many things in his life, but it's completely different and more difficult from the father's point of view.

"We are going to a friend's house with some other friends." I try to do a mix of truth and white lies.

"I see" Of course he understood where I am about to go. He's hunting world's most dangerous criminals and terrorists for God's sake. "Have fun and always be careful. You know about the drinking, and the boys and how-"

"Yeah, yeah, dad, I've got this. No need for a lecture right now, and especially not the boys talk" I interrupt him, since I know where this is going. I wish I had a mother to help me out with the boys stuff, but life had a different opinion on that matter. Dad has unsuccessfully tried to initiate the talk, but I cut him every time.

At that point, Vanessa gets in the room wearing a floral dress, with her hair falling in natural curls.

"Dad, I gotta go now. Vanessa just got in!"

"Say hi from me" my dad says.

"My dad says hi" I inform her.

She answers enthusiastically "Hi Mr. Reynolds!" waving her hand as if my father is gonna see it.

"Such a lovely girl. I am happy you have such a nice roommate" he comments.

"Yeah, I know. Vanessa rocks! Anyway, Dad, I am hanging up. Girls have to get ready." Vanessa gives me a puzzled look as she leaves her bag on her desk.

"Ok, ok, don't eat me alive!" he says and I giggle. "Bye sweetheart! Love you, and be careful"

"Love you! Byeeee" I hang up.

"Um... Are we supposed to go somewhere?" Vanessa asks me unsure and sits on her bed.

"Yup! There's a party at the ΚΕΓ house tonight and we are so going" I chirp with a playful look.

"Will you get mad at me if I don't come along?" she puts her hair behind her ear. "I am so sorry, I neither knew there was a party, nor that we were supposed to go."