Chapter 62

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Meghan Ory as Claire

Nathan's POV

One of the things that annoys me on the start of every new year is the people that decide to show up at the gym. Like seriously, what is the point? We all know that by the end of February, all the newbies will be long gone and actually the majority of them will most likely not achieve their goal. The bright side to this is the new acquaintances I am gonna make and all the new phone numbers I am gonna get because let's be honest, at least the ⅓ of the new ladies have come here to meet a guy. Two weeks back in campus and only at the gym I have met already 5 chicks. Or was it 6? I obviously did what a true gentleman would do; show them how to do the exercise properly or how to use the gym machines. They really appreciate my help and some of them have showed me their gratitude already. Today though I want to stay focused on my exercises. There are some tough games coming up and I gotta be prepared for them.

As I see Dean getting up, I quickly take his place to the rowing machine.

"Shit! I wanted to do that!" I see Alice standing next to me giving me a glare.

"Hello to you too, Alice. I guess you'll have to wait." I tell her with a smirk and then scan her quickly from head to toe because that's what every guy would do.

She always comes to the gym with these tights that are almost stuck on her body and with these bras on top that leave her flat stomach on clear sight. Damn, that belly button piercing of hers is not the one to miss! Sometimes when I see Alice like this, I wonder what would have happened if Steve hadn't pulled his ΚΕΓ president card to keep her for himself. Even if he hadn't, there is still this thing with her and Joseph that is quite intense if I might say. I still can't erase from my mind the way she soothed her tongue into his mouth, practically devouring him, in front of everyone before Christmas. It was like watching a freaking show live! I can't believe that if Brenda hadn't gone home I would have stayed in with her and missed it. Well, that would have been fun too but that kiss between Alice and Joseph was definitely more fun. I haven't teased Alice enough about it, if she decides to stay here and wait, I will not miss the chance.

"Damn it! Do you mind if we take turns? I am in a hurry!" Alice says in a polite and soft tone,using her sweet voice. Man, that's a first.

"If you ask so nicely, how can I say no?" I raise my eyebrows at her, satisfied with her decision to stay around. "So what's up?"

"Same old, same old! Second semester is more of a pain in the ass than the first! I didn't see that coming and I already complain about the projects that are about to come!" Alice says with a bit of grumble in her voice. I am about to answer back pretending to be as annoyed as she is about the assignments, but she speaks again. "How goofy I am! I almost forgot! I have my birthday in one week, so I am throwing a party on Friday and you're invited!" she says enthusiastically and her mood changes completely from the previous state.

"It's your birthday, really? Great, thanks for the invitation. I'll be there." I reassure her with a nod. "Is anybody that I know invited as well?" I ask indifferently, focusing on my exercise, as I wait for her answer which of course interests me quite a lot.

"Vanessa obviously! She's co hosting the party!" Of course she is, this is a big chance for her to use her obsessive organizing skills. I shake my head smiling. "Best year's couple Robin and Sophie, Joseph with his two best friends and Vanessa's hot editor Ashton, whom I think you've met if I am not wrong." she muses, touching her chin.

Fucking Ass-ton is invited?

"I've seen him once or twice and I'd say I didn't find anything hot about him." I comment sarcastically.