Chapter 42

Notes:

Additional Cast:

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

Valorie Curry as Anna Matthews

Dulce Maria as Nina Andrews

Ansel Elgort as Matthew 'Matt' Foster

Booboo Stewart as Grant Simmons

Toru Uchikado as Ren Kurosawa

Vanessa's POV

This weekend has been all about studying. Almost. Alice and I spent every minute of it into our room, reading all over again our notes for our classes. Exams are on their way and I convinced her that having a program in this case can be life saving. We took little breaks in between to watch last week's Supernatural episode. In the end, we actually started a new series too. Alice says that starting a new show during exams period is a total must. I find it a little distracting but the Blacklist has been proven a very dynamic show. Since it is FBI material, Alice has an opinion on everything that happens and paused every now and then the episode to explain to me the terms or to remark what they were doing wrong. Bring pizza into the game and you have the perfect girl weekend in. Truth to be told we ate a little too much and the room is in a chaos. Notes and books on the floor and pizza boxes to throw away on the desks. Alice has been kind enough to wake up a little earlier than normal to help me with tidying the room before her class.

"I still can't believe that you thought Joseph and Sophie were together!" I tease Alice for the millionth time as I start making my bed. I couldn't hold my laughter when she told me about her little encounter with Robin and Sophie at the coffee shop last week.

"Shut up! It wasn't my fault! Nina is the one to blame! She kept telling me how sure she was that they are a couple!" Alice groans,because she got tired of my teasing.

"It's still funny though!" I giggle discreetly and immediately stop after Alice gives me one of her famous glares. "I am glad you found out, I am so happy for them both! For Sophie and Robin! Especially for Sophie. She was struggling with it at first but everything worked out in the end. Joseph was a big help to that."

"It's really nice that they found each other! It's so strange how two people so different can be together. Joseph doesn't cease to surprise me I have to admit." She huffs as she's tidying her desk which, I have to say, is a total mess.

"I guess it's true what they say. Opposites do attract." I shrug. "Joseph has been always there for Sophie. He is such a good friend to her. An amazing one really! I always knew that-I mean they were always together, and I imagined there must be a reason for him to be her only true friend but during the previous month I've seen it with my own eyes. Under his playful attitude there is such a caring and loving person. But I guess he only shows that side of him to certain people." It is true really. Joseph has been proven a wonderful friend to Sophie and she is lucky to have him. Joseph is to Sophie what Emma is to me. A loyal childhood friend who no matter what will never leave your side.

"I won't disagree,because we have called it a truce and we decided not to fight anymore as I have told you. He still sneers at me, but I guess that's a price I have to pay." Alice remarks casually.

"Come on, it's just the two of us!" I rest my hands on my waist and raise my eyebrows at her. "He risked a lot for you when he helped you with... that paper thing." I whisper as if someone is listening. It is a delicate matter and I don't want Alice to get in trouble for it.

"Yeah, that was something I didn't expect I have to say and that's why he went up in my estimation. He helped me big time and I don't think I will ever be able to repay him." she sighs, as she continues tidying her office. Alice isn't the one to be called ungrateful. She acknowledged Joseph's help despite her initial dislike towards him. In fact now that they are already passed that, I believe they would enjoy each other's company. They are both so companionable and with great sense of humor.