Chapter 32

Alice's POV

"So that is pretty much what happened last week..." I've been speaking on the phone with Ren for like an hour, narrating the adventures of last week, pacing around the campus with no purpose, since I have 2 hours blanc in my schedule. I decided to call Ren to catch up a bit, because the last week was crazy and we didn't talk at all. It feels relaxing to talk to my best friend brother alike once in a while.

The weather is pretty good. It's sunny, but a bit chilling, so I am glad that I took a cardigan, before I left my room.

"Let's sum up to see if I understood correctly...You sent the wrong paper, so you had your nemesis Joseph to hack your sensei's pc in order to send the correct one and the same day you had a drink with him?" he narrates the basic bullets in one breath.

"Pretty much yeah..." I admit, still walking around. I hate sitting while talking on the phone. I just need to be in a move. I have no idea in which side of campus I am right now.

"You worked with Joseph, the guy,you use a thousand swears to describe with and you also have invented around 100." Ren says in surprise, as he can't believe in his ears.

I have told Ren almost everything that have been occurred, between me and Joseph, leaving outside some minor details, such as how weirdly nice my body felt on his or how I lose myself sometimes in his eyes. I can't even admit that to myself, let alone Ren.

Vanessa has also been informed about what happened, 'cause she's been worried sick and in the end she was effusing over how nice guy Joseph is and all he needed was a chance to prove himself. To be honest I wasn't in the mood to listen all of his positive traits, so I pretended to listen to her at the end by just nodding. It was like she was trying to match me up with him. Also Nina knows almost everything, since she was keeping on calling me to know if the operation was succeeded.

The only thing that I kept from the three of them was the incident that occurred the day we performed the operation. I felt it like it was mine and Joseph's little secret and I didn't want to share with anyone. It feels stupid and also not so me alike, as I share many things with my friends and especially Ren, but I wanted this to be kept a secret. I don't know if Joseph did the same, since he's the bragging type, but I bet my house with my dad in it, that Nina would have mentioned something(waiting for a whole PG 18 description) if she had heard anything from Matt, Joseph's best friend.

"As impossible as it seems I did that! It wasn't easy, but it happened and he actually saved me big time and he didn't ask anything in return..." I answer to Ren with a soft voice.

"He seems like a cool guy to me! I think you were wrong and you misunderstood him... and shut your mouth, because I know you are about to yell." Ren says in a commanding way and I immediately close my mouth as he instructed. Damn Ren he knows me too well and I can't hide from him, even if we are at the two opposites edges of the world.

"Fine! I think I judged too fast, but the fact that he's an obnoxious womanizer hasn't changed." I raise my voice a bit and he starts chuckling.

"As long as he doesn't do again his summer thing I believe you don't have a reason to snap at him. If you were his girlfriend you would have every reason and I would fully support you, but you're not..."

"Of course I am not!" I shout. "How could you come up with that ridiculous idea? I am not and I will never be his girlfriend." I rave to him.

"I was speaking hypothetically." Ren says like I am retarded.

"Don't you even dare to call me HIS girlfriend, even in hypothetical way. Not in any way." I keep raving.

"Hai hai!" He says yes two times in japanese huffing. "Message received!"