losing cool 💐 chenle

It was when you saw your best friend in a leather jacket with the words 'bad boy' printed on the front pocket and big yellow sunglasses walking down the hallway you wanted to run away and act like you didn't know him. But as soon as you tried to turn around and avoid contact, your older friend saw your hard-to-hide signature yellow backpack; most kids opted for darker ones.

"(y/n)! (y/n)!" He pushed past each turning head and grabbed you by you forearm, "What's up, buddy?" He exclaimed rather loudly.

"Chenle, what are you doing?! It's eighty degrees out and you're wearing a leather jacket," Your face scrunched up as you whisper yelled at your friend. "You get weirder every single day."

"Well," he started his lame explanation by putting an arm around your shoulders that you were quick to push off, "ya' see, my good friend, I heard you like bad boys."

"Chenle, you go to bed at 8pm every night. And just yesterday I saw you cry because one of your nails chipped."

Chenle laughed nervously, "Hey, I care about my nails, they're delicate. And you're totally wrong about what time I go to bed, Sweets! I fell asleep at 8:30 last night; without taking my vitamins."

The younger boy rolled his eyes and sighed loudly, "Oh, however did you do it without getting caught?"

"I didn't, my mom yelled at me." Chenle mumbled under his breath.

"Chenle, what's all this about?" (y/n) turned around and pulled Chenle's sunglasses off, "What are you even doing?"

"I was going to ask you out, but then you brought up my my nails and bedtime and I didn't write anything in my notebook about that comeback. So I lost my cool and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing now."

You were baffled, why didn't this idiot just ask me properly? You didn't know how many more braincells you could afford to lose today.

"First of all, you never had cool, you still have a race car bed and you'll be a senior next year. Second, I don't like bad boys. I like you and you're far from being bad."

"Really?" Chenle ignored your insults and put on a big smile.

"Yes, butthead. The only thing you're bad at is being bad."

The blond mop of happiness, yet again, ignored the insult and grabbed his sunglasses from your friend's hands, "So, uh, you wanna like, I dunno, go to the new ice cream shop with me later?"

"Gosh, you are such an idiot."

"Hey, shut up! This is hard, you have no clue. I've never been this serious."

"Fine. I guess I'll go with you."

Chenle jumped around you, "Great! I'll see you later!" He kissed your now blushy cheek and ran off to his classroom with a huge smile.

You rubbed your cheek with the back of your hand and watched Chenle skip down the hall, "Idiot."