mr. brightside ² 💐 nct dream // renjun

"He's kind of an asshole, but he's good at dancing. I'm pretty sure Renjun has the hots for him." A burning pain bloomed on Jisung's shoulder, Renjun's fist being the cause.

"I do not! And stop swearing, you're like twelve." Jisung frowned,

"I'm sixteen, asshole."

"Wait, who are we talking about?" Donghyuck's face is contorted into a look if confusion, he's always so behind in conversation.

"(y/n), anyway– oh, speak of the devil." Their practice room door is opened to reveal a very sleep deprived boy, that boy being the infamous you. You seem annoyed and on edge, which you are, that makes Renjun a tad bit worried for you.

"You," your finger is pointed at no other than Renjun himself, his eyes widening slightly as he points at himself as well, "yes, you. Come with me, I need some advice on this choreo."

"Why don't you have Jisung do it? He can dance better than–"

"I didn't ask for Jisung's help did I? Now hurry up I don't have all day." Without another word you walk out to your own room, waiting.

Jaemin wiggles his eyebrows towards Renjun when Jisung starts yelling a childish tune,

"Renjun and (y/n) sitting in a tree! K-IS-S-I-N–" That earned him another punch to the same shoulder.

*

A knock is heard on your practice door, afraid you didn't hear his knock over the loud music, he goes to knock again. You open the door when he lifts his hand to do so, "Took you long enough."

Your cage your hand through his and lead him through the room, sitting him on a chair that was in the corner. His face beaming red, eyes wide and parted lips go unnoticed by you until you see him though the mirror.

"You sick?" He shakes his head, closing his mouth. You throw up an OK sign, replaying the tune you've got to make choreo for. Renjun doesn't look away, not even when the music stops. He's completely zoned out until you snap your fingers in front of his face,

"Earth to Renjun, hello~?" He jumps a bit, eventually looking up at you.

"That was hot– I mean it was amazing! You're amazing! It goes well with the beat, don't change a thing about it!"

His compliments make your cheeks heat up, which he definitely notices. A smirk making it's way onto his face,

"Are you blushing?"

You cover your cheeks with your hands, immediately getting defensive. "W-What? No! It's just really hot in here..."

"Did I get the stoic, sarcastic, total badass (y/n) to blush?"

"I said no, you little sh–"

"So, what you're saying is," Renjun interrupts you, that stupid smirk still adorning his face, "that you are blushing because it's hot, and not because I called you  amazing... And hot?"

"N-no." You cursed your voice for cracking. The blush reached your ears in no time; oh how the tables have turned.

You two stay in silence before you both go to speak at the same time.

"You wanna go on a date?"

"I should get going."

You look at the boy in front of you with wide eyes and pink cheeks, "What?"

Renjun moves his hair out of his face, clearing his throat prior to speaking, "Do you want to go on a date with me?"

"Like... Like a real date? Just you 'n me?"

He chuckles a bit, standing up, "Yeah. Just me and the beautiful boy in front of me."

You nod quickly, "Of course! There's a new ice cream shop down the street we could go to tomorrow?"

"I'd like that! Ah, you're so sweet, not mean at all."

"Shut up, I'm not sweet."