FootBall Game (Part 1)

"What; no!" I yelled, jumping to my feet as I watched the other team score a point. Me, along with a few other people on the EAGLES team, groaning in annoyance. I heard the other half of the football field burst to life in cheers and applause. I huffed and twisted my body around, stomping down the steps of the bleachers with my arms over my chest. That wasn't fair! The referee should have called that pass as an out!

I huffed, slowly uncrossing my arms as I began to walk to the convenient stand. "I, uh... one water, please." I said to the girl at the front with a forced smile.

"That'll be one dollar." She said with a bright smile as she grabbed a bottle of water out of the cooler. I pulled a dollar out of my pocket and handed it to her.

"Thank you." I said as I took the bottle, opening it as I turned around. Just as I put it to my lips I felt somebody bump into my shoulder.

"Oh my god, I'm so s... Albert?" I gave a confused look, turning and seeing some boy?

"Uh... hey?" I mumbled, obviously confused. I took a quick sip of the water before I put the cap back on the bottle.

"Don't you remember me?! I'm Jake! We went to highschool together!" He said. I gave a look, tilting my head to the side as I examined his features. He had on blue jeans, a black t-shirt that was a bit too big on him, and a pair of sneakers.

"Oh yeah! We had English class together!" I said with a slight giggle, looking up at him.

"Yep! Are you any better with your essays?" He asked with a laugh. I blushed faintly, looking down at my feet.

"Nope. And I probably never will be!" I said, still smiling. He laughed, there being a few seconds of silence. "So, uh... Are you and Mia still together?" I asked him. He dated a girl named Mia Davis back in 10th grade, and they lasted all the way out of high school. They were the ultimate couple; everyone wanted a relationship like theirs!

"Oh, uh... no. I'm actually dating Russo now..." He said, bringing a hand up and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ugh, I remember that dude..." I said, rolling my eyes. He bullied me halfway threw middle school, then became super popular and became 'too cool' to even bully me, much less be friends with me!

"Yeah... but he's cool now! He's not a total bitch anymore..." Jake said with a small sigh. I gave a look, but shrugged it off quickly as I went back to smiling.

"Well I'm glad he makes you happy!" I commented with a toothy grin.

"Yeah... so are you still with Lana?" I bit down on my lip, feeling my heart ach a little bit.

"Uh, no, actually. Things got too complicated. She moved to Paris to go on with her fashion career, and I stayed here... but it's fine; we both felt~" I got cut off by some guy pushing me out of the way.

"Hey, what the..." I paused, quickly shutting myself up when I saw it was Russo. Of course it was.

"Hey, Jakey!" He purred, smashing their lips together. I blushed faintly, for some reason feeling myself begin to tingle with anger and jealousy. Jake's cheeks coated in a deep red, him kissing back before slowly pulling away. "So who's this?" He asked, pointing at me. I cut my eyes at him, my cheeks still red.

"I'm Albert. We went to school together. You bullied me all the way till' Jr. High..." I said, pushing his hand away from me. He gave a low growl at me before sighing softly, looking over at Jake.

"Hey, babe~ the game will be over soon! We should leave..." Russo said in a demanding tone. I gave a look when I saw Jake flinch a slight bit before nodding.

"Okay... l-let's go." He said, reaching down and grabbing my hand. I blushed brightly, watching Russo glare at me with hatred. "Here; take my number and text me when you get home!" He said as he pulled a pen out of his pocket. He quickly jotted down a number, me almost instantly trying to remember it.

"I'll call you!" I said to him with a bright smile as he walked to the parking lot. I frowned, seeing their hands together and their fingers intertwined. I bit my lip and turned away, staring at the phone number on my hand.

(731) 361-9810...

(731) 361-9810...

(731) 361-9810...