Chapter 35: Losing hope

Start from the beginning

"No, wait. Please. I need to talk to him quickly. I won't try anything". The guards looked at me skeptically before nodding and letting me pass.

The man bound in chains looked at me with a horrified and guilty expression. He was trembling slightly and his face instantly paled. He didn't think he'd have to full on face the girl he had made an orphan. I took a moment to stare over his facial features memorizing every detail before clenching my eyes shut. I willed the tears to stay put, but I couldn't control them. They followed like a stream down my tired and pale face. My mother's voice rang through my ears and brought comfort and serenity even though I was in a far from serene situation.

"You have destroyed my life. You took my everything away from me. The two people I loved and depended on are gone now because of your careless act.. You've ruined my childhood and will impact my life until the day I die. But even though I hate you for what you've done I want you to know that I forgive you. I hope one day you find peace as I know you'll be haunted by the consequences of your actions". It took every ounce in my worn out soul not to lash out, but I wanted my mother and father to be proud of me. I wanted peace. The man glanced up at me, his eyes filled with tears and let them escape. I watched as the officers took him away. And that was the last time I was to ever see him. Even after leaving the courtroom and moving into my aunt's house I felt calm. I wasn't sad. And for the first time since their death, I fell asleep, at peace.

My head and my heart are so torn. My life is one big mess.

I watched as Damien's men placed gags in both James and Chase's mouths instantly silencing them, but that didn't stop them. Muffled shouts sounded from them whilst still trying to fight against their bounds. Damien wrapped his arm around me and gently laid me down on my back. I tried pushing myself up, but he was straddling my hips and he pushed me back down on the bed. I was so tired of fighting. He leaned down towards me and gazed into my eyes, but I refused to stare back at him and instead turned my attention to the ceiling eager to zone out of my reality and fall into a world of fantasy and escape from all the pain.

Suddenly a sob escaped my lips as I felt Damien suck and bite painfully on my breasts ensuring to leave his marks on my skin. Damien rested his whole body on me and continued to assault me without a care in the world. I squirmed on the bed desperate to run away, but he grabbed my hands and pinned them above my head. My body came to a still and I continued staring up at the ceiling wishing for a normal life. Wishing for the life I was supposed to have. I suddenly started to zone out thinking about what my life would've been like if I had never gone to the club and bumped into James. Perhaps right now I would be at University or working in a hospital as a play therapist. Maybe I would be in a relationship. Maybe I would be happy and safe.

The harsh feeling on my breast suddenly stopped and a deep sigh of relief escaped my lungs. Maybe this is just a really vivid dream. Maybe if I shut my eyes I'll wake up from this realistic nightmare and I'll be back in my bed wrapped up with my duvet waking up to the smell of bacon. A jingle noise sounded around me and I smiled. This is it. An alarm? Maybe this is the part when I wake up. Clenching my eyes shut I counted to 3 and then opened my eyes. But I was wrong. This wasn't a dream. It was my horrible reality. Damien had taken off his belt and had thrown it on the floor. He was standing before me in just his black suit trousers with the zipper undone. I trembled slightly as he moved himself away from me and pulled me towards the edge of the bed. I try desperately to push myself further on the bed away from his disgusting self, but he had a firm grip on my thighs keeping me in place. I returned my gaze to the ceiling hoping that the ceiling would just collapse killing all of us. Yells and growls could be heard from James and Chase, but I couldn't look at them. I was too humiliated to look at anyone. I was a doll, a puppet being used for a sadistic man's pleasure. It was humiliating enough having Damien doing this, but to have my so called husband and the man I want to run away with watch it was hell.

WARNING: VERY MATURE/SENSITIVE SCENE UP AHEAD.

Damien's hands snaked up and down my thighs causing me to tremble in fear. There was no pleasure whatsoever. Damien slowly trailed his hands to my underwear and gripped the waistband of my pants. As soon as my back hit the bed I instantly sat up desperate to flee. But Damien had already read my mind. He laid his whole body on me, instantly pinning me down unable to move an inch. Damien stared at me with a sinister lustful gaze and stroked my cheek as he stared at me with those eyes that once held love.

"You are mine Isabella. You'll always belong to me. And now I'll make you mine wholly and utterly".

Suddenly as if my prayer was heard the door slammed open and I instantly turned my gaze towards it hoping this would be the end. But a glimmer of hope surged through my body as my childhood best friend Louise stumbled in covered with bruises and dried blood. Time instantly slowed down and I watched as her face dropped at the sight of me. Her sadness was instantly replaced with anger and she reached behind her and pulled out a gun and aimed it at my direction. I reassured her with my eyes that she was doing the right thing by killing me. It would be a mercy kill. But she lifted the gun and squeezed the trigger.

A loud bang echoed through the room and I instantly felt lighter. I looked up at Damien who was now curled up on the floor clutching his right shoulder. Blood was oozing out all over the floor. Damien let out a blood curling scream and stumbled up shaking slightly. Fear flooded my body as he pulled out a gun from his jacket pocket and aimed it at Louise. Before I had a chance to get up a loud bang sounded. Both Louise and Damien had their guns pointed to each other, but I didn't know who had pulled the trigger.

I glanced over at Louise who was staring straight at me with a ghostly expression. Her face was paler than death and her expression frightened me. She collapsed on the floor heavily and blood began pouring out of her motionless body. I sat up and screamed as I saw a bullet wound on her chest, exactly where her heart is.

Louise, my childhood best friend was dead.

Hey guys. I freakin teared up whilst writing this very long chapter. Please let me know what you thought of it. Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for any errors or mistakes. xoxo