The Morning After

Sasuke entered Shisui's house with a scowl on his face. He was surprised to find that his normally cheerful sensei was sitting sulking at the table eating his breakfast.

" Is Nii-san here?" he asked.

"Naomi's room." Shisui grunted out. "Be papered to be traumatized at your own risk."

Sasuke tried to get the implications of that. "And you're here? You're fine with it?"

Sasuke knew first hand how protective Shisui was of his sister. There was no way Shisui was fine if what he implied was happening.

"Hokage-sama ordered me to get out." He bit out. "Why are you looking for him anyways?"

"Father asked me to get him to come home."

"I'm afraid I can't come home right now, Sasuke. I'm already running late. Tell father I'll come in the evening." Itachi appeared from the staircase with damp hair and a small smile on his face. Sasuke tried not to think about the reason behind the smile.

"Shisui. I'm sorry about last night. I didn't think about the implications until I had already said it. Please forgive me." Itachi bowed.

"Whatever. Atleast you used silencing seals." Shisui looked drastically less bitter.

"I'll see you later, Sasuke." Itachi left, ruffling his hair. Naomi was definitely having an influence on him.

"Ohaiyo Nii-chan, brat. It's such a nice morning, isn't it? " Speaking of the devil, Naomi entered the room, wearing a dopey smile.

"Imouto. You look happy." Shisui said.

"I'm very happy. Last night was definitely the best night of my life." Naomi answered shamelessly.

"I don't want to hear it. Neither does Sasuke. So, let's talk about something else." Shisui quickly cut her off.

Sasuke 'hn'ed.

Before anyone could say anything, a snake slithered from the window onto the table, left a letter in front of Naomi and poofed away.

Naomi calmly opened the letter, as Shisui asked, "Was that a snake?"

"Hm. Didn't you know Nii-chan, Orochimaru and me are besties now. We met on one of my missions two months ago and he took a liking to me. Now I'm helping him research about immortality jutsu and trying to convince him that Jiraiya sensei would not like him to be experimenting on babies."

"Isn't he a missing nin?" Sasuke questioned.

"Oh, don't be silly, he is the Otokage." Naomi replied.

"I see." Shisui nodded.

Sasuke decided to leave just then, lest he catch the craziness.